Author Topic: TG P0011 Calls into an extension  (Read 2297 times)

Offline bwilson818

• View Profile
TG P0011 Calls into an extension
« on: October 27, 2015, 09:39:55 AM »
Hi Guys,

Need some help here identifying the cause of this issue. Here is an e-mail to our Help Desk from an end user

"Do not know if you can help me or not,

Every day, between 2:00 and 5:00 I get at least 3-4 calls back to back from the same caller,

The caller ID is TG PP011

When you answer the phone there is no one there and it makes a loud noise

If you ignore and do not answer, calls continue to come, never leaves a voice mail

After calling 3-4 times it will stop.

Any ideas what this is, I almost think it is an automatic “system” type call, not sure

The receptionist does not forward the call, so it is coming in direct to my extension."

Any idea how to fix this?

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: TG P0011 Calls into an extension
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2015, 11:00:51 AM »
TG PP011 is the default trunk group for unused trunks. It appears there is an active phone line in that group, perhaps one that has been disconnected but is receiving phantom calls.

Trace out those trunks, and remove the bridging clips from any lines not in use.

Offline bwilson818

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2015, 11:50:47 AM »
Can you walk me through on how to do this in the Mitel DB Programming Software? I am not sure what to do.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2015, 12:10:58 PM »
If I were you I'd start by testing to prove that what we suspect is what's happening.  Go to SYSTEM/DEVICES AND FEATURE CODES/CO TRUNK GROUPS/PP011 and change day and night ring in to your extension...problem should move to your phone.  Then look at TRUNKS within PP011, you should see one or more trunks.  From your phone, without pressing OUTGOING or 8, dial the extension of each trunk in PP011.  If any of them returns dial tone it's an old unused trunk you're still paying your carrier for!!! Go ahead and call your cell and observe caller ID.  You can then go to where your carrier's lines are and find the one that matches that number.  Disconnect the line by unplugging or pulling the clips and you'll get no more phantom calls.  But then call your carrier to have them shut off the line so you don't get billed any more.

Special note: if your phone is flagged as ARS only you won't be able to direct dial individual trunks.  You're the phone guy, so turn that flag off here: SYSTEM/NUMBERING PLAN/CLASSES OF SERVICE/ARS ONLY, take your phone off the list.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2015, 07:44:59 PM »
Or (assuming loop start trunks) just grab a butt-set and check each unused CO line port for dial tone, unused CO ports should not have dialtone from the telco, if it does ID the line (call your cell phone) and if it's yours then you have a problem with system programming. If it is not your number, disconnect it from the system and call your telco and tell them because they have a problem

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2015, 10:10:20 PM »
Don't count on hearing dial tone. I've had crap coming down "dead" lines causing phantom calls. Now I always pull the bridging clips.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10