Author Topic: Upgrading AX controller from ICP 8.0 to MCD 7  (Read 1725 times)

Offline ccitechpatrick

• View Profile
Upgrading AX controller from ICP 8.0 to MCD 7
« on: October 23, 2015, 03:53:01 PM »
I am upgrading an AX controller running ICP software version 8 to the latest release of MCD and have run into an issue.

the MCD software requires 512MB of RAM and a 2GB system flash card. The current system has 256MB of RAM and a 1 GB flash card. I have the new RAM module and new 2GB and 4GB (voicemail) flash cards.

As far as I understand, I will need to backup the system, install the new RAM and CF's then do a full install of the MCD 4 SP4 software and restore my backup. I can then convert to SDS then upgrade to MCD7.2. My issue with this, however, is that I cannot backup voicemail on an AX controller. Does this include all voicemail greetings, RAD greetings and embedded MOH or is it just mailbox messages that are lost? If it is everything, is there a way to back these up and restore them once the upgrades have been done?

Thanks

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Upgrading AX controller from ICP 8.0 to MCD 7
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 07:10:25 PM »
As far as I'm aware the backup without voicemail still contains MOH, RADS and mailbox greetings.
It just won't keep messages that have been left on mailboxes.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Upgrading AX controller from ICP 8.0 to MCD 7
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2015, 09:13:22 AM »
Make sure your phones all come up on MCD 4.0 before proceeding any further, and keep your old CF cards... I have had more than a few sites were when upgrading from pre-9.0 software to MCD 4.0, some phones do not flash properly and you get in kind of a bad spot. Whenever I upgrade pre-8.0 systems I always take them to 9.0 first so the phones can flash the proper boot code to be upgraded further. 8.0 is a tricky revision, sometimes I have had no issues with phones, and other times it is just like older versions with the phones.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10