Author Topic: Mitel 5000 Ring Groups  (Read 1939 times)

Offline JRice

• View Profile
Mitel 5000 Ring Groups
« on: October 23, 2015, 01:24:04 PM »
Hello folks,

I am trying to set up a mitel 5000 for a customer and they are requesting that the 2 receptionist phones ring from 8-5 and after hours and weekends ring on the same 2 sets plus 2 others which are out in another office.  Tried using the STAR but unable to ring an extension list. I am sure I am missing something fairly simple.

Thanks in advance,
JRICE

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: Mitel 5000 Ring Groups
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 02:48:54 PM »
STAR can only point to APPLICATIONS.  Build your day and night HUNT GROUPS, use EXTENSION LIST as member to cause all-ring.  Then create 2 CALL ROUTING APPLICATIONs, one with DIGIT TRANSLATION/TIMEOUT to day HUNT GROUP, one to night.  Be sure to remove the day and night recordings (defaults to voice  mail intro).  Then program the 2 CRAs into your STAR as destinations.  That'll do it!  Remember that you can put additional steps in the STAR for holidays, as long as they're above the regular hours step in the list.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Mitel 5000 Ring Groups
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2015, 09:04:06 AM »
STAR applications are top-down, first match lists... not best match list. Always put the most specific events at the top, and the least specific at the bottom.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10