Author Topic: Migration from CX to MXE Single T1 to Dual framer  (Read 1421 times)

Offline JHFC

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Migration from CX to MXE Single T1 to Dual framer
« on: October 22, 2015, 03:12:31 PM »
I have a CX controller with a single T1 card in and I am going to install a new MXE with a dual framer. I will be restoring the database from the CX to the MXE but will need to provision the dual framer in the MXE. Will I have to completely remove the T1 provisioning from the CX before I restore the DB or can I restore it and then remove it and provision the dual framer?

Thanks

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Migration from CX to MXE Single T1 to Dual framer
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2015, 10:14:12 PM »
Export your ARS routing and dialed digits (and any other possibly affected forms before hand, which may vary depending on complexity and how how well you know the system) just in case... But if memory servers me correctly, you can restore the database, then go into hardware config and it will show the incorrect card type installed, change it and save, then go into framer configuration and change it to the appropriate type (T1/E1) and everything should be right with the world again.

Take this with a grain of salt though, it has been a long time since I have done this, probably 5 years, but iirc the T1 card was not an issue when switching the platform.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10