Author Topic: Call Forward No Answer to two different phones  (Read 1728 times)

Offline tommyclowers

• View Profile
Call Forward No Answer to two different phones
« on: October 20, 2015, 05:46:53 PM »
I need to forward an extension to two different phones when the original extension isn't answered. I have an idea of how this should happen but might need some hand holding.

Do I just set up a new Hunt group and go from there? Do I do anything with Call Forwarding?

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Call Forward No Answer to two different phones
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 07:29:31 PM »
There are few ways you could do this. For a beginner I would just try the below.

Setup a new Ring Group (Hunt Group will not allow phones to ring at the same time) with the members required.
Set original extension to call forward busy/no answer to the ring group. This can be done via Feature Access Codes or via the WebGUI if you have a later version.

Offline tommyclowers

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 11:43:53 AM »
I have the ring group setup with the two users who's phones should ring when the original number isn't answered. I have then set the original number to forward the call to the ring group number when no answer internal/external. My problem is that the call only gets forwarded to one of the two phones after 4 rings, sometimes the second phone in the ring group will ring for a half ring before returning to the automated teller.

When its all setup correctly I would like it to go back to the original numbers voicemail if no one in the ring group answers.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2015, 08:31:18 PM »
Is the ring group set as 'ringall'
Also set the overflow position to the voicemail pilot, it should land in the original extensions mailbox.

Offline tommyclowers

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2015, 11:51:21 AM »
Yes the Ring Group Mode is set to Ring all. It almost acts as if one of the numbers in the ring group is set some where else as a call forward but I can't find it. Is there a way to check what groups/settings a number is tied to?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10