Author Topic: User hits voicemail button, goes to wrong mailbox  (Read 2494 times)

Offline ebarringer

• View Profile
User hits voicemail button, goes to wrong mailbox
« on: October 20, 2015, 02:52:42 PM »
I have one user who gets sent to the incorrect voicemail box when he hits his Message button, this apparently happened within the past day.  I do not see anything amiss in his setup.  His associated extensions are correct, the listed mailbox for his extension is correct, keymaps look correct, even the display on his phone is correct - it said he had four messages, which he was able to retrieve when directly connecting to the voicemail extension and logging in manually.  The user whose mailbox his button attached to did not have any waiting messages at the time.  Essentially he's seeing that he has messages, hits the VM button on his phone, and gets sent to a secretary's mailbox instead.

Any idea where I should look?  My first thought is a reboot of the phone system, after that I am considering recreating the mailboxes of both individuals and see if that resolves the situation.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: User hits voicemail button, goes to wrong mailbox
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 05:18:37 PM »
Good place to start: while the phone is still on-hook, press the lit message key and watch the display.  You may see he's the notification station for a second mailbox or you may see that the message is from another station (station messaging).  Either way, once you see what's lighting his lamp fixing it is easy.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2015, 10:59:04 PM »
Are you sure that the call is going to the secretary's mailbox or is it ringing her phone? Most likely, she sent a silent message to his phone and this not related to voice mail. Press <Message> * (star) to clear the lamp.

Offline ebarringer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2015, 09:51:54 AM »
I'll take a look at both of those possibilities, thanks for the info.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10