Author Topic: NuPoint AA to Ring Group  (Read 1560 times)

Offline idxman01

• View Profile
NuPoint AA to Ring Group
« on: October 18, 2015, 01:46:51 AM »
1st post here, not a tech or support vendor.  just a customer on the IT side that took a deeper dive into our install last year so we knew what was going on.  I could call Mitel, but our typical tech doesn't share info/changes and I don't work like that.  (you should see the mess our previous Axxess system was..)

Our company is looking to implement a number of new attendant flows and revamp the voiceover.  At the moment I'm just testing and am not quite getting the intended results with a cascade RG.  Have read so many posts that have helped some, but it's all starting to blur together at this time.

software: MCD 6.0sp2, 12.0.2.23
MAS: 5.0.116.0
NuPoint: 16.1.0.13.01

Use Case: External Call >> NuPoint AA >> [apply various schedules, logic, menus, etc..] >> Transfer to RG >> cycle through members 1 time in cascade mode, then continue to ring all lines until answered.  No VM.  Just continuous rings.

What I've Done:
- AA and RG setup
- Add MOH so blind transfer isn't completely silent.
- Extend forward timer so call isn't pulled back to nupoint in 15s.
- New AA COS to disable all features except CallDir

- Blind Transfer is what I'm seeing used in many cases.  This has the tendency to only go for the forward period, then pull back to the 'message center'.  Callers then are lost.
-- Other unwanted side effect is the cascade RG doesn't loop back to the beginning, but continues to ring the last member until the forward Noanswer period is over.

Current workaround:
- Used a supervised transfer vs BT.
-- Timer:45
-- All 3 events then link back up to initial greeting to begin the cycle again.
- RG (3 members) set to 12s cycle

Questions:
- Have not worked on the second ring-all group part.  Not sure about fitting it in to the flow or somewhere else.

- Other recommendations or best practices to approach this a different way?

Also: Don't believe we're licensed for ACD.

Thanks,

Offline idxman01

• View Profile
Re: NuPoint AA to Ring Group
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2015, 09:31:56 PM »
Ended up doing a ring all RG, then a second supervised transfer After the 'no answer' result of the first.  Seems a bit clunky, but it works.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10