Author Topic: intertel windows based software  (Read 2106 times)

Offline TYTEL

• View Profile
intertel windows based software
« on: October 14, 2015, 01:36:21 PM »
I have a customer who has an axxess with 7.0 software with 4 of the 60 btn dss consoles.
They are about to out grow the 4th dss unit and I want to install the inter tel windows based console for them.
Where can I find the windows based console software.
Thanks
pct

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: intertel windows based software
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2015, 02:00:49 PM »
You have to buy the attendant console software, uses an included USB Hasp key.  Might find on Internet (Galacticcommunications.net has one for $1500, PN 550.5312).  BUT, and this is important, you must have licenses for SYSTEM OAI EVENTS and SYSTEM OAI THIRD PARTY CALL CONTROL turned on.  If you don't have those licenses I doubt you can add them anymore.  You can check for them at HELP/INTER-TEL SOFTWARE LICENSE.
If it's a REALLY old Axxess version it might even use PAL chip, which was a license chip with feature points on it...you allocated the points for features you wanted (30 each for those two OAI features).  Newer ones used license number more like 5000.

Offline TYTEL

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2015, 08:26:09 AM »
Thanks,
The 7.0 software uses a pal chip,the pal chip is a 200 unit and OIA is one of the options I can turn on so from that point I should be good to go.
Thanks again.
pct

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2015, 09:01:56 AM »
Thanks,
The 7.0 software uses a pal chip,the pal chip is a 200 unit and OIA is one of the options I can turn on so from that point I should be good to go.
Thanks again.
pct
Telecom Creations has it for $1200... https://www.telecomcreations.com/Mitel_Attendant_Console_v3_0_Single_Node_550_5312_p/550.5312.htm

I think this older version does require XP, I am not sure it will work in WIndows Vista/7 or higher... TBH, I haven't seen an older Axxess of any size, definitely not one with a console, in a very long time.

You should seriously think about upgrading though, there are upgrade paths from the Axxess to the 5000 which can be phased in over time if you have IP connectivity... You obviously have a larger system because you want attd consoles, and you have technology that is in excess of 15 years old (7.0 is from around 2001, IIRC), well outside of the normal telephony life-cycle of 7-10 years, and the Axxess was completely EOL'd by Mitel May 30, 2014.

Just a word of advice, take it or leave it, but speaking as a tech who has worked on these forever, one of these days you will come in to work and it will be dead, and most vendors don't have the resources in stock to do a large change out on a moments notice anymore because it is too costly to hold that much inventory on the shelf... so you could be without phone service for several days to as long as maybe a couple weeks

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10