Author Topic: Off-Hook Voice Announce on a mitel 5000  (Read 3203 times)

Offline markdevoll

• View Profile
Off-Hook Voice Announce on a mitel 5000
« on: October 13, 2015, 04:08:05 PM »
I have a mitel 5000 question.
In the mitel 8568 telephone user guide 5 on page 25 there is a line that states this.

If there is no answer or if the extension is busy, you can do the following:
• Request a callback (queue). See “Requesting a Callback (Queuing the Telephone)” below.
• Camp-on to the busy extension. See “Using Camp-on” below.
• Use Off-Hook Voice Announce to contact the party. See “Off-Hook Voice Announce”
below.
• Leave a message. See “Leaving Messages at Other Extensions” on page 55.
What is that and how do I use it?
I have someone that is saying it is like voice call in a norstar.
In a norstar system you call someone using voice call and ask them a question and with out them doing anything they can answer back hands free.
I searched the rest of the document for that phrase and couldn’t find it anywhere.
Thanks for the help.

Offline lowradiation

• View Profile
Re: Off-Hook Voice Announce on a mitel 5000
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 05:11:37 PM »
Think that feature is only available on the older digital phones.  Newer 8528s and 8568s do not support it.  The 8528 manual has no mention of it.  the 8568 manual does mention it but it looks like the manual makers probably just cut and pasted an older model phone's manual and did not delete it.

You can use a feature similar to Norstar's Voice Call by:
1. In each phone's "Flag" folder change Handsfree on/off to 'yes'
2. In each phone's "Forwarding Paths" folder change Forward Call Type - IC Calls to 'no'
3. Program a key with feature 377 (Ring Intercom Always On/Off) on each phone

To use:
Key with feature 377 light on: calls to another internal phone will ring until answered
Key with feature 377 light off: calls to another internal phone will ring once then go handsfree

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: Off-Hook Voice Announce on a mitel 5000
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2015, 07:37:01 PM »
You are correct about OHVA on older phones.  They actually had an extra PC Data Port Module you installed to break out the second audio channel (they used something similar to ISDN BRI...2 B + D.  The second channel could be used for OHVA, you could actually have a two-way conversation on speaker while user had live call on handset.  Or you could use the second channel to break out a second analog extension right at the phone using MDPM (modem data port module).
But as lowradiation said, sounds like all you need is standard HANDS FREE intercom.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10