Author Topic: Lost Auto Attendant Pin  (Read 2069 times)

Offline tommyclowers

• View Profile
Lost Auto Attendant Pin
« on: October 07, 2015, 05:56:16 PM »
I am hoping for a helping hand. I just took over our Mitel system from a previous employee and have been doing my best to get by. My only major issue as of right now is that we need to change our Auto Attendant message. I know the Admin mailbox number is 9999 but no one knows the pin to access the account. All I need to do is change the auto attendant message people hear, the structure can stay the same. I've found a link that say the pin can be retrieve from some path but no clue how to get to that path. Any tips would be great. I believe we have a Mitel 3300 system?

Offline august

• View Profile
Re: Lost Auto Attendant Pin
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2015, 07:20:53 PM »
Do you have access to the system?  You only have ton change de password in the mailbox form.

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2015, 08:42:19 AM »
Do you have access to the system?  You only have ton change de password in the mailbox form.

You can't change the administrator's passcode from the Voice Mailbox Config form. On more recent releases, though, you can reset the passcodes (there's 3 different levels for the administrator's mailbox) in the Voice Mail Options form.

Offline tommyclowers

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2015, 09:22:20 AM »
Thank you for the information so far. I have gone into the web interface of the Mitel controller and changed the 3 pins in teh VM Options section. This has not helped though. I call the main phone number, press * and enter 9999. It than says something about welcome admin please enter pin. None of the 3 pins I entered into the VM Options section work. Any other suggestions on how I can change the Auto Attendant message?

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2015, 11:49:16 AM »
Thank you for the information so far. I have gone into the web interface of the Mitel controller and changed the 3 pins in teh VM Options section. This has not helped though. I call the main phone number, press * and enter 9999. It than says something about welcome admin please enter pin. None of the 3 pins I entered into the VM Options section work. Any other suggestions on how I can change the Auto Attendant message?

You're entering the passcodes/PIN's in the right place, but they need to follow the minimum passcode length requirements. This is a universal setting, so if you know user mailboxes require 4 or 5 digit passcodes, then you need to make your administrator passcodes the same length, otherwise the system will append trailing 0's if needed. If you get stuck, check the online help file in the system administration tool.

Offline tommyclowers

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2015, 03:52:37 PM »
Topic can be closed, issue resolved

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10