Author Topic: Need help with voice problem using Mitel 3300 MXe controller  (Read 2243 times)

Offline rmendez101

• View Profile
Need help with voice problem using Mitel 3300 MXe controller
« on: October 05, 2015, 03:11:49 PM »
Hello,  I am new to this forum and would like to get some suggestions relating to a problem we are facing.

First, a little background.  Our system is used on an offshore oil rig, and is designed for internal calling only.  Our original system was a Mitel 3300 MX controller, with a fiber card in Modu 1.  This was then connected to our cabinet consisting of a fiber card, Peripheral SW control II card, Power Converter card, PABX, 1 DNI Line, and 4 ONS cards.  Phones consist of both standard analog, and Superset 4015, and 4025.

About 2 weeks ago, the digital phones started flashing as when resetting, but they never came back online.  It looks as though our MX controller's HDD may have crashed.  We sent it out for repair and borrowed a fully functioning 3300 MXe controller from our sister rig with the exact same setup.

However, after installing their controller with our cabinet, we found it would not work.  I used the Administrations tool and verified all possible settings, but still I could not get the system to work.

We contacted Marshall Technologies, as they are the vendor for our system.  We gave them remote access, but after days of trying, still the system would not work.

So, here are the symptoms:

Digital to digital.  Phone rings, person answers but neither party can hear the other.
Digital to analog.  Same as above.
Analog to ANY phone.  You hear a dial tone, but while dialing, you can hear the button tone, but the dial tone remains.

We have tried several times to update the license.  In fact, we contacted Mitel directly and they remotely connected and updated themselves and checked all of our settings.  Still, our system is down.

Currently, we can't get a rep out due to scheduling.  Has anyone else experienced this problem before?  I have pictures of our system should anyone need them.

Thanks for the help.

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Need help with voice problem using Mitel 3300 MXe controller
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 04:42:19 PM »
Have you tried replacing anything in the Peripheral Cabinet? The problem with the analog phones not being able to dial DTMF sounds suspiciously like a bad DTMF receiver, which is on the Peripheral Switch Controller (MC312AB) card.

Offline rmendez101

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 07:28:59 PM »
I apologize.  I did replace the Peripheral SW control, the PABX, and DNI Line card.  I also replace 1 ONS board simply because it showed a phone constantly engaged.  I tried the following boards one at a time, and all at the same time.  The result was the same.

Thanks for the reply.

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2015, 08:34:59 AM »
Might have to just keep replacing stuff until it works. What about the Peripheral Cabinet power converter and the FIM cards?

Offline rmendez101

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2015, 09:47:05 PM »
We don't have another power converter.  We are working on getting one.  Being offshore, nothing comes quick.  Do you think that the converter would cause the symptoms described?

Yes, FIM replaced.  Thanks for the reply.

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2015, 09:12:30 AM »
My first guess would have been the Peripheral Controller, but since you've already replaced that, time to start swapping other components. Bad power output from the power converter could lead to problems downstream from there. If at all possible I would get one of everything installed and just keep swapping parts out until it works.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2015, 09:43:39 AM »
Also look at your programming; maybe a problem in there?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10