Author Topic: no DTMF from sx200 icp to NuPoint  (Read 1222 times)

Offline TDCIN

• Contributer
    • View Profile
no DTMF from sx200 icp to NuPoint
« on: September 29, 2015, 08:59:04 AM »
I have a customer running a Mitel MiVoice Business 13.1.0.333 and NuPoint 14.2.2.15.01 (both are in same subnet),  they have branch locations that are running are running 5330e IP phones off of the MiVoice over there MPLS network (no MBG), They have several branch locations that are using Mitel SX-200 ICP 3.1.0.11 that is connected to the MiVB with IP trunks, as gateways for the PSTN connection and analog connection, this scenario has been working for a while now. Once the centrex package at each branch goes out of contract, we will drop the branch to 2 or 3 phone lines and connect them to the MiVB using a SIP FXO/FXS gateway for connection for analog and PSTN. We will be using a Cisco SPA8800. However one of the SX200 controllers had other ideas and failed ahead of time, so installed the SPA8800 ahead of schedule at one location.

calls using FXS ports on SPA8800 work perfectly, Calls outbound on FXO ports work great, and inbound to 5330es at local site and remote sites work great; calls in on FXO 2, 3, and 4 when connected to NuPoint, no audio on NuPoint, if you get to a mailbox, the mailbox says "nothing recorded", but FXO 1 works fine.     i changed the Media service type to "Variable Packet" and the issue cleared. however when i change it when calling through the remaining sx200 i am unable to use DTMF when connected to NuPoint, no mailbox password, no pressing options in call flow.

I cant see why change the Media Service option would cause and issue with the sx200 DTMF over IP trunk? any ideas what i need to change in the SX200, NuPoint or SPA8800 to get all 3 playing nice together

any suggestions would be appreciated!!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10