Author Topic: Help!3300 Failover  (Read 2868 times)

Offline BlackSunshine

• View Profile
Help!3300 Failover
« on: September 26, 2015, 03:23:40 PM »
I have 2 MXE 3300's MCD 7.0 clustered and resiliant with each other.  They are on 2 seperate vlans and connected across layer 3 on fiber network. The company recently replaced network with Meraki Switches.....ever since then controller 1 failover to controller 2 about 10 times a day.... there is no pattern and happens even at night with little switch traffic.  I had mitel on the phone for 3 hours looking and they believe it's a network issue.  By the logs they see them lose the link but see nothing in 3300 as to cause such a internal layer 2. I just need some elses prospective on troubleshooting.  log says "link 1-2 to peer address 10.123.1.2 has gone down. Attempting to bring back up.  Really only troubleshooting tool i have is wireshark...what would I be looking for?  Is there anything that can be turned on mainteneance to watch?  anything in console?  I

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Help!3300 Failover
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2015, 07:37:21 PM »
I'd have to agree you have a network issue.
You may have to put a laptop on each vlan and ping the other 3300 and the other laptop with a -t.
I'd bet you'll see both links drop.

Ralph

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2015, 02:26:41 AM »
Ask them to check the switch logs and the switchport error counts for the switchports that controllers are attached to.

Offline orion3311

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2015, 04:22:26 PM »
1-2 other things to check on the new switches - check for loops as well as pre-set the speed/duplex of the ports going to the 3300's. Sometimes they switches don't auto-detect properly and cause random issues.

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2015, 09:14:15 PM »
1-2 other things to check on the new switches - check for loops as well as pre-set the speed/duplex of the ports going to the 3300's. Sometimes they switches don't auto-detect properly and cause random issues.

This is definitely the troubleshooting path I would be thinking about - if the switchports are showing errors, and if the errors are indicative of a duplex mismatch, you should ask the network guys to change their end to auto/auto, and double-check all the Access ports that phones are on at the same time.

What can happen is that the switchports see lots of errors and occasionally reset themselves, giving you a brief outage.

Offline BlackSunshine

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2015, 09:18:53 AM »
The problem ended up being the vlans were configured wrong around the network between switches also between the 3300 and the layer 2 was set to a trunkport so it was like the phones were seeing mangled double tagged packets.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10