Author Topic: Change Extension Call Forwarding from CLI  (Read 1868 times)

Offline jeyton

• View Profile
Change Extension Call Forwarding from CLI
« on: September 23, 2015, 12:24:48 PM »
Hi I am new to Mitel, I would like to know if its possible and possibly get some information on changing the forwarding destination for an extension from command line. I am attempting to write an application that connects to our Mitel5000 over ssh and can change forwarding on certain extensions for on-call purposes. I did some digging through the manuals but couldn't find much about doing this from the command line.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Change Extension Call Forwarding from CLI
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 01:29:06 PM »
jeyton,

You are not allowed to do that through the ssh connection, and if you are not a certified technician you shouldn't even be in there.

If you are wanting to do that sort of stuff you will need to pay for the programmers interface software and the two licenses that allow for 3rd party applications through OAI.

Thanks,

TE

Offline jeyton

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 06:15:04 PM »
Hmm, thank you for your candor and reply. I will be working with our internal certified technician, however he did know the answer to this nor even that there was a programmers interface application. What I am reading from your response is not that its not possible but that its not best practice to be done, is that correct?

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2015, 07:43:47 PM »
Here are a couple of solutions that you can accomplish without getting deep into the system:
1. If you have access to a desktop app like Phone Manager or CallViewer, you can use it to control an extension your calls point to, then have it go off hook and dial all the digits. To forward phantom ext 1234 to 555-555-6789, for example, you'd dial 359 (remote program code), then 1234 (ext), then password, then 355 (fwd all calls), then 8 (outside line), then 5555556789.
2. REALLY old-school, but you could put a modem on one of the built-in SL ports and do the above procedure as DTMF.

Offline jeyton

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 10:11:03 AM »
Thanks, we currently log into the web interface as the extension and editing the forwarding number from there. I was hoping to create an application to select the person to assign for the forwarding destination, then the engineers can hit apply to set that for the extension. That would kick off an ssh connection to the Mitel and run the commands necessary to apply the forwarding number to the specified extension. However based on these responses I may simply wrap a web browser into the application and attempt to set an auto logon in the program. Then merely display instructions for how to navigate the web interface with a list of engineers and their numbers for setting the destination.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2015, 11:07:49 AM »
If you go that route, you might create multiple phantom ext, each manually fwd to a different outside number.  Then just fwd to appropriate phantom.  Saves inputting a long outside number and chancing wrong digits, and if you try to fwd to a bad ext number it will refuse to do it.

Offline jeyton

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2015, 05:35:51 PM »
Thats a great idea dwayneg, thanks!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10