Author Topic: Incoming rings  (Read 1462 times)

Offline Rodney

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Incoming rings
« on: September 21, 2015, 09:46:22 AM »
Installed a Mitel 5000, When calling in my cell phone rings twice (full rings) before the system will ring. I have co trunks, when I put my but set to the trunk it rings first thing. Is there a timer I can change to about a half a ring so the call ID will have time to do it job

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Incoming rings
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 10:54:43 AM »
Rodney,

There are two timers that deal with that on LS/GS Trunks.

LS/GS (LS) Caller ID Relay Hold

Amount of time the system will look for Caller ID (CLID in Europe) information when a call is received.

LS/GS (LS) Caller ID Ring Idle

This sets the time between the end of first ring and the time at which the system begins to check for Caller ID (CLID in Europe) information.

NOTE: The LS Caller ID Relay Hold timer and LS Caller ID Ring Idle timer values combined must be shorter than the period of silence between CO rings.

Thanks,

TE

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: Incoming rings
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2015, 12:04:51 PM »
Note that if you're using caller ID on loop starts you'll always lose about a ring and a half before the desk phone rings.  This is because the system is capable of routing based on caller ID (calls go to vmail whenever your ex calls, for example).  Since the caller ID info comes from CO between first and second rings the system must wait for that info before routing calls, even if you're not using that routing option.  Prove this by temporarily turning off CLID in the system (SYSTEM/DEVICES/TRUNKS/<TRUNK NUMBER>/SERVICE TYPE), you should start to see immediate ring.
One other thing that can impact is if you're using a STAR app for scheduling...my experience is that sometimes the processing time can be noticeable.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10