Author Topic: Pms  (Read 3605 times)

Offline Wil.B

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Pms
« on: September 18, 2015, 11:16:42 PM »
Ok pros I need know if this will work. The I.T person at the hotel wants the Pms logs and call accounting to go out on net and come back into micros. Will this work? All though this is my first Pms interface on the 3300 I have done a lot on the 200 icp. Never over the net.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Pms
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2015, 12:29:47 PM »
Ok pros I need know if this will work. The I.T person at the hotel wants the Pms logs and call accounting to go out on net and come back into micros. Will this work? All though this is my first Pms interface on the 3300 I have done a lot on the 200 icp. Never over the net.
What do you mean "over the net"... as in out on the internet and back into an external LAN network?!?!

PMS/CCA logs are no different than anything else, it is an IP address and port... if you can properly route it, it will work, such as a VPN in place between the two networks, although I cannot say if it will work via port forwarding... never tried.

The setup you are trying to do has very little difference between how the SX-200ICP handles it, use roughly the same rules and it will work.

Offline Wil.B

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2015, 10:37:00 PM »
here is the set up. Have 2 networks one for the 3300 and one for the admin what the network admin wants to do is basically have a cable go from her router to the 3300 hundred. Open ports up Pms /calla counting and voice mail ports up on both networks then basically do a NAT. Like I said this my first 3300 Pms and have never done this. I did make the Pms work with I pockets. On test set up in office.  Thanks for you're response.

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2015, 09:01:30 AM »
You can't do the NAT in the 3300 if that's what you're asking. The 3300 will spit out the data on the designated TCP ports of the RTC IP address, it's up to the data network to provide the connection from there to the listening device.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2015, 10:28:00 PM »
I'm with lundah on this one... unless you are managing the voice -and- data networks, this is beyond what you can manage, it is the IT staff's responsibility to make 2 networks talk to each other.

Offline Wil.B

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2015, 10:47:48 PM »
no the 3300 isn't the router. data network is separate. voice is on own with adtran router handing out dchp. with layer 3 switches.

Offline Wil.B

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2015, 06:39:00 AM »
Sorry. Yes they network team that handles both networks. Also im responsible for is the 3300.
I had my boss buy 3 I pockets just in case. Suppose happen Thursday or Friday. Will let you know how it works out.

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2015, 12:44:49 PM »
You don't need the iPockets, the 3300 can put out the data on the existing network interface you're already using. Data admin just needs to enable routing between the subnets so the PMS server can actually connect to the 3300 and see the data streams.

Now if for some reason they don't want to enable routing between the subnets and instead want to keep the 3300 subnet completely walled off (doesn't make sense but I've still seen it happen), then yes, you would use the iPocket and put its Ethernet port on the same subnet as the PMS server.

Offline Wil.B

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2015, 07:59:03 PM »
Thank you guys so much for the help.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10