Author Topic: DSS/BLF Transfers Not Following Forwarding  (Read 1908 times)

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
DSS/BLF Transfers Not Following Forwarding
« on: September 17, 2015, 05:56:11 PM »
I've had 4 customers in the last week complain that transfers or direct calls made via pressing DSS/BLF keys, have the transfered call not follow the Call Forwarding or Call Rerouting of a transfered to extension.

Example:

Call rings into me, and I answer it on my phone. If I press the DSS/BLF of extension 212 (which is Call Forward Always to a Cell), it rings 212 instead of to the Cell. If I transfer via the Conf/Transfer key and dial 212, however, it does ring through to the forwarded cell phone.

Same if I were to just call 212. If I press their DSS/BLF, it rings 212 instead of following the forward condition. But if I manually dial 212, it does follow the forwarding.

I'm at a complete loss on this one because the customers that have complained are running different software versions, and Mitel support was unsure as well. So far their only suggestion as been to reboot the systems.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: DSS/BLF Transfers Not Following Forwarding
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2015, 11:23:08 PM »
I had this problem at a site that I did not setup originally just the other month.
There was an option in the 'System Options' form that was the culprit.
"BLF - CFA Indication based on set enabled" When set to yes I saw issues similar to what you describe, changed it to 'No' and the issues went away.

It may not fix it but worth a shot.

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2015, 10:50:58 AM »
I had this problem at a site that I did not setup originally just the other month.
There was an option in the 'System Options' form that was the culprit.
"BLF - CFA Indication based on set enabled" When set to yes I saw issues similar to what you describe, changed it to 'No' and the issues went away.

It may not fix it but worth a shot.

Very interesting. This was enabled on our demo system, and once I disabled it, the DSS/BLF follows the forwarding condition.

But now the DSS/BLF doesn't blink to indicate that the phone is forwarded. Hmm

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2015, 10:57:15 AM »
Ghost, your post got me there, and then reading some more in the help led me to this section:

DSS Override of Call Forwarding on Monitored Set

Both Secretarial Transfer and DSS keys, can override all forms of call forwarding on the monitored DN. This capability applies to direct calls and transfers to the monitored DN and requires the following configuration on the key host set and monitored DN:

Key host set:
##System Options - "BLF - CFA Indication Based on Set Enabled" = YES
##Class of Service of "Call Forward Override" = YES

Monitored DN:
##System Options - "BLF - CFA Indication Based on Set Enabled" = YES

So after setting "Call Forward Ovverride" to No, the DSS/BLF now forwards and calls correctly.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10