Author Topic: RNIE - Redirecting Number Information Element  (Read 3014 times)

Offline pmcdaniel

• View Profile
RNIE - Redirecting Number Information Element
« on: September 15, 2015, 03:44:13 PM »
I have a Mitel 5000 running 6.0 SP1 PR3. We are working with TWC to send originating caller ID when forwarding or transferring to an outside line and I just wanted to be sure I'm looking at the right settings before calling them back. Currently, the destination phone sees our primary DID as the caller ID.

In our initial testing before calling TWC, I located the setting under System>Devices and Feature Codes>CO Trunk Groups>"PRI Trunk" named Propagate Original Caller ID. This was originally set to No. When we set this to Yes, external calls could no longer be forwarded or transferred to an outside line. Stations with dynamic extension enabled would ring the station but would no longer ring the external number.

This lead us to believe that TWC had not enabled the capability on our line to pass caller ID. After some back and forth between TWC support and our TWC account rep, they told us to make sure that our system was configured to send ISDN RNIE, and also configured to send 10 digit caller ID. Once we confirm those settings, they will enable the feature on the line.

I believe that "Propagate Original Caller ID" is the setting that would match "send ISDN RNIE". If someone can confirm that would be great.

I have not been able to locate any setting that designates the number of digits for caller ID. Any guidance on that setting would be appreciated.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: RNIE - Redirecting Number Information Element
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 04:27:25 PM »
pmcdaniel,

Well you found the System Flag under CO Trunk Groups, but there is also a flag under each station that turns on Propagate Original Caller ID as well that will need to be turned on for each extension.

The Calling Party Number and Emergency Calling Party Number will require the full 10-digit number that you want them to out pulse when those types of calls go out and that should do it for you.

The two things that you carrier has to support to get it to do what you want is this:

1. You need control over Outbound Caller ID / Calling Party Number
2. They need to allow for Non-Native Caller ID. This is the part that allows you to Propagate Original Caller ID.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10