Author Topic: Mitel 5000 Outbound Call Issue(s)  (Read 1475 times)

Offline ENTech

• View Profile
Mitel 5000 Outbound Call Issue(s)
« on: September 14, 2015, 06:25:39 PM »
I have a rather strange issue with our Mitel 5000, concerning outbound calls. When some of our users press the off-hook button on the telephone, then proceed to press the outbound button, then dial a phone number; we get:

1.) a extended pause of random length and then a ring tone
2.) a delay in the display of the status of the call sometimes jumping to 20 seconds or not displaying the call as active

This seems to only impact outbound calls. We had originally replaced the LSM-4 card thinking that this as an outbound issue and we had previously had some issues with the card in the past. Even after replacing the card, the conditions continued. I have not yet received any error codes, and am wondering if this is sign of bigger impending failure. Any ideas are welcome!

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Mitel 5000 Outbound Call Issue(s)
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 09:38:50 PM »
Are you using ARS, or just directly accessing a trunk group for outbound calls? This sounds like an ARS issue not modifying the digit string correctly, or inconsistency between extensions where some are using ARS and others direct trunk group access.

Verify first each trunk, during a slow time dial each trunk's ext number individually and make a variety of calls (local, long dist, toll free, etc), this will verify the trunks themselves are good. Then check your ARS routing and make sure the configuration matches your local dialing format (7, 10, 1+10 , etc) and the facility groups contain the correct trunk groups. If you are accessing the trunk group directly, make sure it is consistent through out the system.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10