Author Topic: Limit length of voicemail messages  (Read 2533 times)

Offline fatman45

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Limit length of voicemail messages
« on: September 14, 2015, 03:21:09 PM »
Mitel CS-5200 version 3.2.4.8. We occasionally receive calls where the caller goes to voice mail, hangs up, but the system does not recognize that the caller has hung up, and goes on to record a 30 minute blank voice mail. We have worked with our phone service provider and they have changed settings on their end, as well we have tweaked settings on out end. They have helped but it is still an occasional problem. We would like to limit the length of voicemail messages to two minutes, rather than the default of 30 minutes, since most of these calls come in on 800 lines and we are being charged for calls that don't exist. Where do I change this setting? Sorry I'm sure this is a stupid question but I am an IT person and managing the phone system is not my forte - it just sort of fell in my lap! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Limit length of voicemail messages
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 03:45:20 PM »
Fatman,

First of all what type of lines do you have coming into the system? Also, what have they done to fix the problem? I am sure that it can be resolved so that you don't have to do this, although it may take some extra equipment, but I will also answer your original question.

Go to Voice Processor > Devices > Mailboxes > {mailbox} > Message Limits > Maximum Non-Subscriber Message Length: This is set to 5 minutes by default and can go down to 1 minute.

Thanks,

TE

Offline fatman45

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2015, 05:13:50 PM »
Hi Tech,

Thanks for the quick reply. The toll free lines are all PRI. We also have some POTS lines. Now that I think about it, I believe that those were the lines they solved the problem for before. They boosted the strength of the on-hook signal (sorry I don't know terminology) and also had us increase the sensitivity to that signal on our system.

FM

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2015, 05:30:04 PM »
fatman45,

The problem shouldn't be with the PRI lines since the signaling for those are done through the D-Channel and we know when those lines have been disconnected. The problem most likely is with the POTS lines as we don't have a supervised disconnect for those.

Has anyone done a Loop Loss Test and Hybrid Balance test on those lines?

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10