Author Topic: Easiest, smoothest, RIGHT way to move a phone from one port to another  (Read 1423 times)

Offline MStepan

• Contributer
    • View Profile
I'm dealing with a strange, intermittent issue with a user's headset. We've swapped the headset, the phone, the workstation cable, and the (house) cable back to the patch panel (that then connects to the switch of course). The problem stays with the user, and doesn't appear to move when we use her equipment at another location. So I THINK what I need to do next is actually move her extension from the port to which she's currently connected to another port. Effectively, if x123 is currently connected to 04.00.01.94 and x789 is currently connected to 04.00.02.95, how would I go about changing x123 to 04.00.02.95 and x789 to 04.00.01.94? Obviously these extensions could have line appearances on other phones, etc, so whatever technique I use to move them either needs to handle that or I will have to address it manually.

Or if you have a better suggestion, I'm all ears for that too!

Thanks, Mark

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Easiest, smoothest, RIGHT way to move a phone from one port to another
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2015, 11:21:32 AM »
Do a station swap from an admin phone then move the cross-connect to the new port.

Label the port as bad so you don't forget and use it in the future.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: Easiest, smoothest, RIGHT way to move a phone from one port to another
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 11:25:10 AM »
The best way is to use the station swap feature...say I move 123 to 124. I go to an admin phone, while on-hook dial 9932.  Press 2 for system.  Press 4 for station extensions. press 2 for swap ext.  Then enter the two ext.  Absolutely ALL programming for those phones moves from one port to the other.

Have you already described the headset problems on this board?  Sometimes the headset feature code is confusing, and can't generally be used with cordless headsets.  It's essentially converts the spkr button to a pickup/hangup button.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10