Author Topic: Mitel 5000 - Feature: Handsfree (For outside calls)  (Read 1389 times)

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Mitel 5000 - Feature: Handsfree (For outside calls)
« on: September 08, 2015, 06:58:21 PM »
Hello Fellow Mitel Techs,
I had kind of a weird request come at me (Not sure why you'd want to do this).  ???

Request: Can you have outside calls get answered automatically? (Much like the "Handsfree Flag" in DB Programming does for intercom calls, See below.)

Thanks,
-Iron

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: Mitel 5000 - Feature: Handsfree (For outside calls)
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 08:11:16 PM »
No!  Imagine an outside caller coming in and being able to listen to conversations in your office if he calls when you're away from your desk and you don't hear the warning beep.  Or a fired employee calls and curses at everyone.  Not a good idea!
Some options: you could use a headset, there is an ACD auto-answer flag that does that.  Or if you absolutely have to do it in certain circumstances, there's a way you could burn some hardware to make it happen (SL port and LS port)...let me know if you need info.

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 5000 - Feature: Handsfree (For outside calls)
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2015, 11:24:06 AM »
No!  Imagine an outside caller coming in and being able to listen to conversations in your office if he calls when you're away from your desk and you don't hear the warning beep.  Or a fired employee calls and curses at everyone.  Not a good idea!
Some options: you could use a headset, there is an ACD auto-answer flag that does that.  Or if you absolutely have to do it in certain circumstances, there's a way you could burn some hardware to make it happen (SL port and LS port)...let me know if you need info.

Hi dwayneg,
That was kind of my suspicion too. No worries. I will simply inform the customer that "it is unsupported at this time".

Thanks,
-Iron

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10