Author Topic: Mitel 5000 - Feature: Steal  (Read 3171 times)

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Mitel 5000 - Feature: Steal
« on: September 03, 2015, 07:16:29 PM »
Hello Fellow Mitel Techs,
I have a customer who has a Mitel 5000, I was curious if I'm missing something here. I'm talking about the feature known as "Steal" (Default Feature Access Code is 387) Why can I NOT dial in the code manually to steal the calls? I can program a button with it and it works. It there somewhere in the 5000 that I have to checkmark that enables FAC's to be dialed in manually?

Thanks,
-Iron
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 07:21:19 PM by irongladiator »

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: Mitel 5000 - Feature: Steal
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 08:38:13 PM »
You can't dial a feature code into a live call, system sees it as a request to send DTMF.  Try pressing the SPECIAL key (circle with X inside), then the code.  I think that will do the trick.

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 11:48:12 AM »
You can't dial a feature code into a live call, system sees it as a request to send DTMF.  Try pressing the SPECIAL key (circle with X inside), then the code.  I think that will do the trick.

Hi dwayneg,
Pressing SPECIAL key (Circle with X in it) seems to do something, it lights up MWI solid while on. But doesn't complete the action (Almost like it is missing another action). I totally get what you're saying though where the system sees it as a request to send DTMF, I just like how in Mitel's manual it suggests that all you simply have to do is dial it (See Below):

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
-Iron
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 11:59:16 AM by irongladiator »

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 04:10:23 PM »
Just did it on mine to be sure, works fine.  These are the conditions:
1. Must already be doing a live silent monitor or agent help call (you don't mention this, but I assume you are)
2. while you're listening, press SPCL and dial 387 (ASSUMING THAT'S STILL THE CODE ON YOUR SYSTEM)
3. Display should say CALL STOLEN, and it's all yours.

If you're not already doing silent monitor, be aware that you must be the supervisor of a hunt group the other person belongs to (though you can then also monitor non-HG calls)

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2015, 04:28:19 PM »
Just did it on mine to be sure, works fine.  These are the conditions:
1. Must already be doing a live silent monitor or agent help call (you don't mention this, but I assume you are)
2. while you're listening, press SPCL and dial 387 (ASSUMING THAT'S STILL THE CODE ON YOUR SYSTEM)
3. Display should say CALL STOLEN, and it's all yours.

If you're not already doing silent monitor, be aware that you must be the supervisor of a hunt group the other person belongs to (though you can then also monitor non-HG calls)

Hi dwayneg,
Yep thats it how I am doing it. Just an FYI though, I've setup a feature access key of "Steal" on a button of the phone I want to do it on and it works no problem. If I try to dial it in after pressing SPECIAL.....no dice. Suggestions?

Thanks,
-Iron

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2015, 05:22:34 PM »
Let's make sure the SPCL key works...during a call, try another code such as 385 for record, 336 for hold or 314 for mute.  If these don't work, check your key map for the SPCL button.  If they do work, check feature codes and make sure 387 is still correct code to steal.

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2015, 05:43:35 PM »
Let's make sure the SPCL key works...during a call, try another code such as 385 for record, 336 for hold or 314 for mute.  If these don't work, check your key map for the SPCL button.  If they do work, check feature codes and make sure 387 is still correct code to steal.

Hi dwayneg,
You nailed it! That was it! Seems that Key 5 (As it's called in the DB Programming) was programmed as a SPKR key.

Once programmed as a SPCL key worked great. I think it's also worth noting that when the SPCL key is pressed you see in the display of a 5330 (Phone model I was using) a prompt of: "ENTER FEATURE CODE:". Once entered all tested good! I had totally forgotten that you CAN indeed program those buttons. This customer has 16 Key maps and all of the Key 5's are programmed as SPKR (Gotta get em' changed out)

Thanks for the assist!

-Iron

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10