Author Topic: Mitel 5000 Calls wont disconnect after hitting Auto Attendant  (Read 3304 times)

Offline Skidmore

• View Profile
Mitel 5000 Calls wont disconnect after hitting Auto Attendant
« on: August 31, 2015, 06:43:14 PM »
Hello,

I have a Mitel 5000 v6.0.9.1 that has 2 LS lines going into it. When the main call comes in, it hits an AA and then gets transferred out to one key dialing. if the call is answered or not answered the call will never disconnect. If i route the calls straight to a phone or hunt group or anything but the AA the calls will disconnect. Any thoughts will be helpful.

thanks
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 06:46:42 PM by Skidmore »

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 5000 Calls wont disconnect after hitting Auto Attendant
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 09:14:02 PM »
Skidmore,

Where is it getting transferred to?

Most POTS lines that are attached to LS trunks do not have any sort of Disconnect Supervision and therefore we don't have a way to determine that the caller has hung up. It is best to make sure that the timeout on your Auto Attendant is set to Hangup and that way it will disconnect for you if the caller doesn't do anything or the call isn't answered.

Thanks,

TE

Offline Skidmore

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 10:33:35 AM »
Thank you for the reply, this is how i have the system set up.

2 LS lines come into system and ring to AA. they can pick 1-3 for the employees, Timeout on AA goes to hunt group. after the calls come out of the AA then its either answer or let go to v.m. on certain phones. If the call is answered then everything goes fine with the call, normal volume no scratchiness. Caller hangs up and line stay locked up on phone system side. have to take keys to the 66 block. to release the lines.

If i set up the calls to come into the system and just ring a hunt group or the phones themselves then there are no problems at all with any of the calls or the phone lines.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2015, 11:53:55 AM »
Skidmore,

Since you only have two POTS lines coming into the system then I am going to go out on a limb and say you most likely didn't get a separate voice mail system. If that is the case the problem isn't really with the Voice Processor; although it may seem like it. Put a buttset/ramset on the line and perform a disconnect both in both directions and listen for the Open Loop Disconnect; it will sound like a click or pop after the caller disconnects. If you don't hear that then the C.O. is not providing a CPC signal on the line and we have no way of detecting whether the call is over. If they refuse to provide one then go purchase a couple of these and add them between the POTS line and the LS Port. http://www.sandman.com/loop.html#DSI6A

IF you did get the CPC signal then the problem is most likely with the integration of the POTS lines with the Loop Start Ports built into the system. I would probably even say that most likely no one has ever done a Hybrid Balance Test or a Loop Loss test on the lines to make sure they were setup properly.

If you are not a telephony technician or engineer you may want to get your vendor out there to look at it for you as they would know if the C.O. circuit is providing the correct values for the system.

Thanks,

TE

P.S. I have attached a chart that will allow you to do some simple measurements on your lines to see if they are good.

Offline lowradiation

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2015, 04:56:38 PM »
Goto System --> Devices and Feature Codes --> Trunks --> (select trunk number)
Change Answer Supervision Type to "Valid Call Timer with Polarity Reversal"

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10