Author Topic: Outgoing Caller ID - Party Name  (Read 2728 times)

Offline thebearot

• View Profile
Outgoing Caller ID - Party Name
« on: August 31, 2015, 02:28:37 PM »
Hey Everyone,

I am hoping to get a quick answer from you professionals while going through admin. manual and forums for this issue.
Basically my issue is that - Our outgoing calls does not have our names shown on the caller ids.

We are using PRI service. Under Devices -> Phones ->Test Number -> Calling Party Name, it is manually set to a name.
As of now, for all outgoing calls, we are only seeing our phone numbers and 'Unknown Caller' on recipient's caller id.

Can anyone point me to the right direction??

Much appreciated.

-T

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: Outgoing Caller ID - Party Name
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 03:11:36 PM »
Many (I think most) carriers won't let you send calling party name different from the billing name.  Ask your carrier if they allow this. 

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 03:14:23 PM »
thebearot,

First of all are you sure that Calling Party Name and Number are supported by your carrier. I am not sure about Canada, but most carriers do not support the Calling Party Name function here in the U.S. with PRIs; not sure why. They should however support Calling Party Number which should be tied to the name of the company that pays for the PRI service; basically the name associated with the Billing Telephone Number.

If this is an issue that you have to have working for you then you can work with your carrier to see if they will support where the 5000 supplies the Calling Party Name and Number or you can have them add a name to a specific Calling Party Number that is on the PRI.

Thanks,

TE

Offline thebearot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 03:52:26 PM »
Thanks for the quick replies, I will contact and check with our carrier first.  :)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10