Author Topic: Bulk / Batch Edit of Extensions  (Read 4030 times)

Offline niddnet

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Bulk / Batch Edit of Extensions
« on: August 27, 2015, 03:53:21 AM »
Hi All

On a recent upgrade I made a slight faux-pas and deleted the default Trunk Group (92001) - no problem, I thought, as I'll just re-create the new trunks in TG92001 - and all will be fine.

Except...

All extensions (of which there are MANY) have lost their "Outgoing Extension" and "Emergency Extension".  There are 40+ extensions.  I don't relish the thought of having to click through each individual extension, into the relevant 'associated extensions', and re-add the 92001 back in.  Surely there must be a way (as on the 3300) to batch-change the extensions?

Obviously, this is a live system (live-give or take the ability to call out!) so I'd like to get it back ASAP.

And for future note - if upgrading from ISDN2 to ISDN30, it's better to ADD the ISDN30 trunks into the default TG, and then DELETE the ISDN2 trunks from it.  Lesson learned!

Now I just need some help to fix it easily - hope one of the regulars can help me out :)

R.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Bulk / Batch Edit of Extensions
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 10:26:13 AM »
niddnet,

This is not a problem as those can be setup through the copy/paste function built-in to the system. I am surprised that you don't know of it if you work on them a lot, but hey that is why we come here.

Anyway, setup one extension the way you want the others to be. Then back out to top of the Phones folder and the right-click on that extension and select copy. Then select all the other phones and then right-click and select paste. This will come up with a list of things you can copy and paste so just click the clear all as you don't want to change all of the other extension programming. Then just check the boxes next to Outgoing Extension and Emergency Extension and then apply that and you are done.

If you are programming a system from scratch this becomes an invaluable feature, just remember to always uncheck Transfer Recall Destination and Password; unless you clear out or want to make all of your passwords the same.

Thanks,

TE

Offline niddnet

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 03:33:13 AM »
hi TE

I'm surprised I didn't know that as well.  After maintaining our office for 2 years, and having installed more systems than I have fingers and toes, I've never realised I could Copy and Paste to multiple lines.  Maybe that's something you get on the official Mitel courses.  (should I mention here that my qualification is purely by experience?!)

Some of the technical stuff, I have absolutely no problems with.  The standard, basic (and very essential) bits - I seem to come unstuck with.

My favorite (and most embarassing) one so far, was setting up a nice new system, everything working except the small function of incoming calls - STAR was set, Call Routing was set - EVERYTHING was set - except the ring-in destination on the trunks.  Stupid boy!!

Everyone here, with their collective knowledge, is just such a great resource for those, like myself, who are constantly learning.

Thanks again for your help :)

R.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 08:40:20 AM »
niddnet,

Not a problem, that is why Ralph created this site in the first place is my guess. One other bit of installation basic knowledge is to create a standardized default database that your company will use for all of its installations. This is another way to get installations done quicker and you don't have to keep remembering all the tweeks and gotchas as much and the majority of your installations will be a lot smoother. It also helps with service and troubleshooting when you standardized on how systems are setup and programmed.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10