Author Topic: Sys Alarm #114 Call Technician  (Read 18397 times)

Offline FirstSource

• View Profile
Sys Alarm #114 Call Technician
« on: August 25, 2015, 10:32:27 AM »
I recently changed my data connection from T1s lines to fiber optic. I now get the alarm #114 on the display after reboot of the system. Do I need to be concerned about this as I am no longer using T1s? Do I need to make a programming change to remove this error?

Thanks

Offline IPInstaller

• View Profile
Re: Sys Alarm #114 Call Technician
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 12:17:04 PM »
This means your T1/E1 has nothing connected to it.

If you are no longer using it, you can delete it from DB Programming and the error will stop appearing.

Thanks.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 12:46:41 PM »
FirstSource,

How do you get calls into the system? Just because you changed your data to fiber doesn't mean that you changed your incoming T-1 or PRI as well. Does the alarm go away on its own if you leave it alone? When a system first boots it is not uncommon that the digital circuit doesn't synchronize before the system is up.

Thanks,

TE

Offline FirstSource

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2015, 01:31:02 PM »
FirstSource,

How do you get calls into the system? Just because you changed your data to fiber doesn't mean that you changed your incoming T-1 or PRI as well. Does the alarm go away on its own if you leave it alone? When a system first boots it is not uncommon that the digital circuit doesn't synchronize before the system is up.

Thanks,

TE

The alarm does go away once the system has fully booted and is functioning. My ISP removed my T1s and installed a FO box (router?). I have no clue on how the calls get to the system, I have no idea what PRI, but I know that was mentioned when I had the T1s.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 01:38:02 PM by FirstSource »

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2015, 02:01:51 PM »
FirstSource,

If the alarm goes away on its own then you still have some sort of digital trunking and it is working so there is no need to go into the system and remove anything.

Thanks,

TE

Offline FirstSource

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2015, 04:24:26 PM »
FirstSource,

If the alarm goes away on its own then you still have some sort of digital trunking and it is working so there is no need to go into the system and remove anything.

Thanks,

TE

Ok Thanks Tech

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2015, 05:23:20 PM »
FirstSource,

It would also be best if you get your vendor involved whenever you have work like that done so they can consult you on what would need to be changed if anything in the system. I believe that most vendors have reduced pricing for site surveys and consultation so take advantage of that if you can and ensure that you don't have issues when going forward with changes on either the voice or data side when it comes to your system.

Thanks,

TE

Offline FirstSource

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2015, 10:02:56 AM »
FirstSource,

It would also be best if you get your vendor involved whenever you have work like that done so they can consult you on what would need to be changed if anything in the system. I believe that most vendors have reduced pricing for site surveys and consultation so take advantage of that if you can and ensure that you don't have issues when going forward with changes on either the voice or data side when it comes to your system.

Thanks,

TE

I have no idea who the vendor was. There is no information for me on this as I took over the IT position at a 7 year old company after the previous guy passed away. I have had to figure out all this by myself (and with your help of course). I have taken over all technology at the company. Phone system, deskside support, server support, printer support, cell phone support...etc...

So this help you have provided is fantastic...youve helped me in a couple other threads I have created. The (phone) equipment here is so old and outdated.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10