Author Topic: Nortel DMS-10 C.O. Switch not seeing D-Channel  (Read 2403 times)

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Nortel DMS-10 C.O. Switch not seeing D-Channel
« on: August 24, 2015, 03:35:40 PM »
Has anyone ever worked with CenturyLink setting up a PRI using a Nortel DMS-10 or any carrier using it? This is the 3rd one this C.O. has done, from what I understand, and they are telling me that they can't see my D-Channel so the circuit won't come up. I am pretty sure the problem is on their side, but I have no way of pointing them in the right direction.

I get a reference clock, but it won't even try to synchronize with the PRI, but it will with their T-Bird. I am getting a Blue Alarm from them which obviously keeps me in a Red Alarm, but I can't figure out what to tell them in order for the circuit to normalize; any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

TE

Offline lowradiation

• View Profile
Re: Nortel DMS-10 C.O. Switch not seeing D-Channel
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 04:50:33 PM »
I  haven't worked with a DMS-10 before but one of our local COs has a DMS-100 and I've had nothing but problems with the Mitel 5000.
Outbound calls cannot be made and incoming calls eventually start locking out the channels.  Mitel tech support blames the telco...  Our company has been installing Mitel 3300s, 200s, Toshiba's and Nortel's KSU with this CO for years without issue using the DMS-100 protocol.

I ended up having to change the Mitel 5000 ISDN switch type from DMS-100 to National ISDN 2 for it to work (even though the telco is a DMS-100).  With this setup the Mitel 5000 only seems to be able to send number for outgoing CLID (not name) when connected to a DMS-100.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Nortel DMS-10 C.O. Switch not seeing D-Channel
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 12:58:47 PM »
*******Update*******
Alright the issue was with the carrier as expected so when they told me that they tested clean earlier it must have been incorrect. There were two different issues that was causing the problem with it not synchronizing.

1.  Out of box failure on the Adtran card.
2.  Wired to the wrong port in the C.O.

The problem is now solved, but I had to go out with an ISDN tester and find their problems for them; good times.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10