Author Topic: Mitel 5550 IP console, force tone dialing  (Read 3229 times)

Offline fmercier

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Mitel 5550 IP console, force tone dialing
« on: August 21, 2015, 02:35:49 PM »
Hi forum,

Our receptionist has a 5550 IP console, running on windows XP, with keypad and handset. Since the keypad communicates directly with the console, the keys make no tone dialing. Our receptionist has to push the Tone key to activate tone dialing once the communication has been established.

My problem is that when our receptionist makes a long distance call, she is prompted to enter a long distance 5 digit code (like each extension). However, since no connection has been established yet, the tone dialing function is unavailable. She can't enter the code so she can't make long distance calls.

I have tried setting the code as a speed call in the scratch pad, as a system speedcall, but none of these work. Do you know any way to force the keypad to go into tone dialing mode? What would you suggest to solve this problem?

Thank you

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 5550 IP console, force tone dialing
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 03:00:19 PM »
The code the user is entering, is it an account code on the PBX or a code the carrier enforces?
For example:  Does she dial <code>+9+number?   or 9+number+<code>?

Ralph

Offline fmercier

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 08:08:18 AM »
9 + number + code. The code is requested by the carrier, not the PBX.

Thanks

Offline fmercier

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2015, 08:21:27 AM »
I have already contacted my carrier about this problem. I am waiting for support from them, however, since the receptionist's extension is using the same DID as the whole company, I'm not sure if they can help me.

Thank you again

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2015, 08:51:31 AM »
I'm just hacking here but here's something you can try.

Set up two Call Progress Tone Detection Plans.
<T01> waits 1 second then "Outpulses default"
<T01> waits 1 second then "gives answer".

Apply that to your digit mod for outbound calls.
I'd set up a test route and digits dialed so there isn't any risk of messing up production calls until you can test it.

Ralph

Offline fmercier

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2015, 11:36:28 AM »
Hi Ralph, following your suggestions I tried a few things and managed to find a solution. I have been trying to force tone dialing of a precise 5 digit long distance code (03230) right after the outbound number is dialed.

Since my outbound call leading digit is 9, I created a ARS digits dialed 95551, 10 digits to follow, terminate to route 13.

Created route 13, same trunk and COR as my regular outbound call route. Digit modification number 7. No digits before outpulsing, compression or PBX number element ID.

Created Digit Modification Plan 7. 4 digits to absorb (9555). No digits to be inserted, since I want the digits to be dialed after the number, not before. I can't insert digits in Final Tone Plan/Information Marker field, I can only add a Tone Plan Number or a System Account Code.

As you suggested, I created two Tone Detection Plans 3 and 4 for Outpulses default and Gives answer. No members in the plans. Then I added <T03><T04> in the digit mod plan. When I make a call, I have a busy tone and ERROR written on my phone's screen.

Then I created a Default Account Code, index 10, number 03230. I modified T03 from Outpulse default to Outpulse DTMF, and added a 5 second wait. I changed my digit mod plan to <T03><A10>. So when I make an outbound call starting with 95551, I have a 5 second wait for the long distance code prompt, then the code is entered automatically.

It's a dirty trick, but if it works, it works :)

Thank you for your support, you definitely put me on the right track to solve my problem

Have a nice day

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2015, 01:03:16 PM »
Thanks for letting us know how you got it to work.
I hadn't though of using the account code.  Neat trick.

Did you happen to change to COR of the route so that only your console could use it?

Ralph

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10