Author Topic: DSS/BLF Key with Ring Continuous but only if you aren't on a call  (Read 3683 times)

Offline Gasmanz

• View Profile
We have a customer that has asked for some 5320 phones to have keys set up with DSS/BLF (Busy Lamp) for phones in an adjoining office. They wanted the keys to also be set with Ring Continuous so that if they are away from their desks they will hear that the remote phones are ringing.

With this scenario is there any setting that will temporarily disable the DSS/BLF Ring Continuous if they are already on a call?

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: DSS/BLF Key with Ring Continuous but only if you aren't on a call
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 08:32:00 AM »
No.

Another downside to using Ring Cont is that if the user is on the speaker phone when a line begins to ring, it will cut out all audio until the call stops ringing.

Ralph

Offline matthew

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 11:30:00 PM »
I may be missing something but Ring Continuous specifically rings when you are busy on a call. Is there a reason you can't just use Ring?

Offline Gasmanz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2015, 11:07:09 PM »
The Ring option only gives you 1 quick half ring indication that the remote extension is being called. Which has a high probability of not being noticed if you are not sitting at your desk for the 1 second of ringing.  :(

What would be really good would be Ring or No Ring if you are on a call and Continuous Ring when you are not on calls.

Offline matthew

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2015, 06:23:22 PM »
From Help:
Ring causes your telephone to ring immediately and continuously. If a non-prime line is set to "Ring", it will only ring once when you are busy on your prime line.

Isn't this what you are asking for?

Offline Gasmanz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2015, 01:23:09 AM »
@Matthew - Not sure where you are getting this information. We are talking about a DSS/BLF key to monitor the ringing of another phone in the office and not an additional line/extension on the same phone.

Mitel state "Selecting Ring will cause the set hosting the busy lamp to issue a single burst of ringing when the lamp first indicates ringing state."

Offline matthew

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2015, 06:53:17 PM »
Aha. I see where the confusion on my part stems from. I followed the help from the Multiline Set Keys form into Line Appearance Ring Types.

In that case, if the extensions concerned aren't using VM, you might be able to set up a Call Forward No Answer to a multicall key with Ring set.

Offline Gasmanz

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2015, 08:02:38 PM »
No problem. Your idea won't work in my case. Thanks anyway.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10