Author Topic: Mitel 5320 - answer call with the earpiece button  (Read 2246 times)

Offline nrgymover

• View Profile
Mitel 5320 - answer call with the earpiece button
« on: August 17, 2015, 11:34:33 AM »
I'm using a Mitel 5320e phone with a Plantronics CS70 VT base.  When a phone call comes in, I want to be able to answer by only pressing the earpiece button (circled).  How I answer now is by first pressing the speaker button, then the earpiece button.  any ideas?

Under 'Flags' the following are all set to 'Yes'

Automatic Answer CO
Automatic Answer IC
Handsfree On/Off
Headset On/Off

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: Mitel 5320 - answer call with the earpiece button
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 12:28:02 PM »
That's not going to happen unless you have the optional Plantronics headset lifter.  The phone has no way of knowing you pressed the buttonj on the headset.  The way that button is normally used, when you press it the headset turns on but also a mechanical device lifts the handset out of the cradle.
If you do have the lifter turn the HEADSET flag OFF, and plug the headset into the HANDSET jack (there's another jack on headset base that handset plugs into).  The phone will then believe the headset is the handset, and when the handset lifts it will send audio...your headset base will send call to headset.  If you don't press headset button, just pick up handset, the phone will still send audio but headset base will send to real handset.

Offline nrgymover

• View Profile
Re: Mitel 5320 - answer call with the earpiece button
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 05:42:37 PM »

Wow thank you so much dwayneg.  U the man....  if I just read your post thoroughly the first time it would have saved me a lot of headache.  Thank you so much for providing me with this solution.

Patrick

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10