Author Topic: Number re-writing  (Read 1850 times)

Offline temple

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Number re-writing
« on: August 10, 2015, 04:27:45 PM »
hi all. In the UK, we have lots of directory enquiry numbers which vary in cost. They are all 6 digit numbers and always start with 118.

The most popular one is 118118 but as you can imagine, it's also the most expensive, and I'm talking £££ for just a few minutes.

What I would like to do is redirect any call to a 118*** number to 118365 automatically which is much cheaper. We do use ARS but I can't see how I do this. Can anyone give me any details!

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: Number re-writing
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 04:48:04 PM »
Under SYSTEM/NUMBERING PLAN, first create a new DIAL RULE which says ADD and has the number you want to dial.  Next create a new FACILITIES GROUP called INFO or whatever you want.  Within that group select the DIAL RULE you just created as the only rule.  Select the TRUNK GROUP you want to use for these calls.   Create a new ROUTE GROUP .  Call it INFO or something.  Within that, enter all the numbers you want to catch as DIAL PATTERNS, exactly as they will be dialed.  And for FACILITY GROUP choose the INFO one you just created.  Back out a bit and drag this new ROUTE GROUP to the top of the ROUTE GROUP list.  That should do it.
User dials call, system compares to ROUTE GROUP list, finds a match to INFO.  Sends call to INFO FACILITIES GROUP.  DIAL RULE in that group adds the desired number, basically ignores everything else the user dialed, and dials out on selected trunk group.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Number re-writing
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 05:14:14 PM »
temple,

Well you would first create a new Dial Rule.

System > Numbering Plan > Dial Rules: Take the first available Add that has nothing under Digits and single left-click on the Digits column field and add 118365

Next you need to create a new Facility Group that will use the new Dial Rule and label it Directory Assistance or whatever you want to make sense to you.

System > Numbering Plan > Facility Groups: Right-Click in the area to the right and select Create Facility Group.

Within the Facility Group you will want to delete all the default Dial Rules and add the one you just created and nothing else.

Also within the Facility Group you will need to make sure that the Trunk Groups/Nodes are the same as they would be for Local Calls; I assume that is considered a local call in the UK.

Next you will need to create a Dial Rule that look for any 118NNN number and then tell it to use the new Facility Group.

System > Numbering Plan > Route Groups: Right-Click in the area to the right and select Create Route Group and label it Directory Assistance.

Then you will need to go into the Dial Patterns and add what you are looking for. We know that you want it to start with 118 but I am not sure as to what all of the patterns could possibly be so there are few ways to do this. The first is to put in every different combination manually within the Dial Patterns and it will go through them all until one matches and then use the new Facility Group. The other is simpler is you know what all of the patterns could be. The way to do this is to use Wildcards and they follow the rules below.

System > Numbering Plan > Route Groups > Dial Patterns:

X = Any digit 0-9
A = Any digit 0-9, #, or *
N = Any digit 2-9
Z = Digit 0 or 1
  • = Optional Digits; for example 2[13]2 matches 22 or 2132

(x-x) = Range of Digits for example (320-360)XXXX matches any 7-digit number with the first digits between 320 and 360, inclusive.

Personally I would start with 118XXX and hope that catches everything without matching with something that you want users to be able to dial.

After that you would change the Facility of the Route Group to go to your new Facility Group.

System > Numbering Plan > Route Groups > Facility Groups: Add the new Facility Group [Directory Assistance]

After that you will need to create an Emergency Route Group by following the same steps as creating the new Directory Assistance Route Group, but label it Emergency Calls. This I will explain later but it needs to be done with what you are doing here.

System > Numbering Plan > Route Groups: Right-Click in the area to the right and select Create Route Group and label it Emergency Calls.

Once it is created then follow the next step but the pattern should be whatever is used for your Emergency Calls, 911 in the US.

System > Numbering Plan > Route Groups > Dial Patterns: 911? I know yours isn't 911, but I can't remember what it is right now.

Then go to the Facility Groups and put in the Facility Group for Local Calls.

System > Numbering Plan > Route Groups > Facility Groups: Add the existing Facility Group P1500 [Local]

Once those two are created then you will need to single left-click and hold to drag the two new Route Groups to the top of the list; make sure that the Emergency Route Group is at the top. The reason for this is that Emergency Calls will always use Route 1 and we want to make sure that it goes out as quickly as possible. For a better description on how it really works do a search for 911 or Emergency Calls on this forum as I wrote on it a few times.

Hopefully that works for you and everything goes alright. The way this works is that the system will look using ARS and it does that by going to the Route Groups first. It will pass up Route Group 1 unless it is an Emergency Number it will then go to Route Group 2 that is for Directory Assistance and match any call that starts with 118XXX or whatever you decided on that. It sees that the Facility Group is the new one you created and it goes there and looks at the Dial Rules to see that it is not suppose to Echo anything and then dial 118365. With the number it suppose to dial set it will then look at the Trunk Group it is suppose to use to make that call with and then the call will go out.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10