Author Topic: Analog Phone strange issues  (Read 1465 times)

Offline gssieg

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Analog Phone strange issues
« on: August 05, 2015, 07:52:46 PM »
Hello,

I believe I actually have 2 separate issues going on here.  We have multiple phones that we have a second cordless analog desk phone setup with.  (Using analog cards in the back of the 5000) The way we configured them is the desk phone is say extension 101 (IP) and the cordless (analog) is extension 102 in the system under Users in the Associated Extensions we list Desk 1 - 101 and Desk 2 -102.  The cordless phone has always had basically a ring delay but has worked perfect up until last week.  The analog lines are not ringing with the corresponding desk phone anymore.  I tried doing a system reboot figuring reset the analog cards but this did not work.  If I call the extensions directly they ring and work fine they can also make calls from them without issue.  In the past I had an issue with the lines just not ringing (Reboot resolved that) so I tried calling a line and just picking up the cordless to see what would happen and I just get dial tone so it appears the calls is actually not directly properly to the extension as a secondary desk. 

The other issue I have also involves one of the analog phones.  It is part of a hunt group and if I call the hunt group the line does not ring and I am unable to pickup the call from the hunt group however if I call the line direct it works fine, I verified the hunt group has the extension in it and this hunt group also has another analog line on it that one is working fine.  I was told that this issue seemed to start at the same time as the other issues otherwise it appears to be a completely different issue.

Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks,

Greg

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Analog Phone strange issues
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 08:03:53 PM »
gssieg,

1. Under the Users section make sure that Dynamic Extension is set to Yes or if you have a button on the phone to turn it on and off make sure it is lit. If it is off then calls will never ring the analog device.

2. Make sure that the flag for Hunt Group Remove/Replace is set correctly for the Analog phone that no longer rings when a call comes into the Hunt Group.

If you need a little more direction on either one of these just say so and I can get more detailed.

Thanks,

TE

Offline gssieg

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 08:20:03 PM »
Ahh you are awesome... So The Hunt group thing was spot on, the Dynamic extension I was thinking about that however I was thinking I haven't changed anything in months.... Dynamic Extension was on and the analog phones were all ringing but one with the hunt groups so no one ever complained until last week when the one stopped working with the hunt group.  A few months back I found some of the Dynamic Extensions were not going to VM on route 2 and almost everyone had it turned on so I did a global change to Dynamic extension not realizing that destination 2 was set to Desk 2 on all of these extensions.  So after verify it was on per your recommendation I realized oh crap! 

Thanks for the quick reply you guys are great!

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 08:56:41 PM »
gssieg,

So both of your issues are solved?

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10