Author Topic: MiCollab and Active Directory  (Read 3108 times)

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
MiCollab and Active Directory
« on: August 05, 2015, 08:44:54 AM »
I haven't done an active directory integration yet and had a question about reassigning phones. Is is possible via AD or once created in the MAS would you need to delete the user(s) and resync?

Thanks for any insight.

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: MiCollab and Active Directory
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 11:44:38 AM »
I haven't done an active directory integration yet and had a question about reassigning phones. Is is possible via AD or once created in the MAS would you need to delete the user(s) and resync?

Thanks for any insight.

johnp,
Actually did two of these yesterday, my scenario may be a bit different than yours but one of our customers employees got married and thus their last name changed. The MAS we have is integrated into their AD, all their IT guy had to do was a name change on his end in AD and I resync'd and all was good. I thought I was in for a mess but nope.  :)

Thanks,
-Iron

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 12:43:09 PM »
My scenario is different, customer is trying to swap phones and says he sees the change in AD but not in MAS.

From the install guide:

Ensure telephony fields on the directory server and MiCollab database remain in sync, Data
mismatches that occur between telephony fields are not sent to the Managed Detained
Queue because they cannot be reconciled from MiCollab. The following telephony fields
are ignored during a synchronization update: Home Element, Mobile Phone Directory Number;
Primary Phone Directory Number and Secondary Phone Directory Number:

From reading this I wouldn't think you could swap an extension, hence my question
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 12:50:35 PM by johnp »

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 01:33:27 PM »
My scenario is different, customer is trying to swap phones and says he sees the change in AD but not in MAS.

From the install guide:

Ensure telephony fields on the directory server and MiCollab database remain in sync, Data
mismatches that occur between telephony fields are not sent to the Managed Detained
Queue because they cannot be reconciled from MiCollab. The following telephony fields
are ignored during a synchronization update: Home Element, Mobile Phone Directory Number;
Primary Phone Directory Number and Secondary Phone Directory Number:

From reading this I wouldn't think you could swap an extension, hence my question

johnp,
Yep, that's a way different scenario than what I had. And as such probably requires different steps. I agree with you though, whereby I would also think that after reading that, you couldn't simply swap the extension. Sorry I wasn't much help.  :(

Thanks,
-Iron

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 06:10:37 PM »
Thanks for replying, at least I know you can do a name change :-)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10