Author Topic: 8 Port Streamline - Issue!!  (Read 3427 times)

Offline Hershel

• View Profile
8 Port Streamline - Issue!!
« on: August 05, 2015, 01:02:38 AM »
I have determined a strange issue with the 8 port Streamline.  First on a client site and then I have been able to recreate it multiple times in my test lab

- 5000 using DHCP server for the phone
 - 8 port Streamline
 - 5000's LAN port is connect directly to the Streamline's Uplink 1 port

All the phone come up the first time with no issue and ask for PIN
PIN the extensions and everything is still fine

This is where it gets a bit odd...  If there is a power outage (simulated in the lab by unplugging the Streamline) not all of the phone come back up, some of them hang on DHCP Discovery.  They eventually timeout and retry only to hang on DHCP Discovery again.  The number of phones and which phones varies each time I simulate a power outage (the odd time all 4 phones will come back online but rarely)
  • Unplugging the Ethernet cable to the phone (at the phone or at the Steamline dongle) has zero impact, the phone will reboot and still hang on DHCP Discovery
  • Unplugging the Telephone cable from either the Streamline dongle OR the Streamline 8 port hub corrects the issue and the phone will boot up with no issue.

I have test multiple 8 port Streamline units with the same results
If I take the same system and simply replace the 8 port Streamline unit with a PoE switch there are zero issues.

I am going to contact Mitel in the morning to see if I am able to open a ticket (might not have the correct certs) but I thought I would see if anyone has experienced this sort of behaviour OR if anyone has a reason why this might be happening. 

Thx

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: 8 Port Streamline - Issue!!
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 05:09:51 AM »
Hershel,

I have never run into that issues with a streamline unit during an installation. I am not sure if our service department has or not, but I have never heard of it until now. I will be installing a 48-port streamline unit on an upcoming job so I am interested to know if this is a streamline issue or just the 8-port model issue.

As for the certification you would most likely need the streamline certification or get charged a credit.

Thanks,

TE

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 07:39:50 AM »
I too am interested to hear what we get back from Mitel. We have plans to deploy several of the 8-port units for the first time in the next several weeks.

Offline Hershel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2015, 11:32:41 AM »
Here is an update on the 8 port

If the 8 port units lose power briefly (brown out) the CPU may not fully reboot all ports which causes this issue.  Unplugging the dongle, either directly at the 8 port unit or directly at the dongle will cause the port to reset which resolves the issue.

Alternatively unplugging the 8 port unit for a few seconds resolves the issue too.

This is a known issue that is easily remedied by connecting the 8 port unit to a UPS.

Offline Tadd

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2015, 10:01:06 AM »
I just put in two 8 port Streamlines on a Mitel 5000 for 10 off prem exts, The problem I am having is only the first 4 phones to DHCP work, if I unplug a phone a different phone will start working! This is on both streamlines, so I have 10 off prems but only 8 (4 on each streamline will work). I am out of ideas thinking about switching to a 24 port streamline... Any Ideas?

Offline Hershel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2015, 10:22:34 AM »
First I am going to assume you have your dhcp stuff configured correctly.

I have had this happen to me before too.

Connect all the phones and do a compete power cycle. Unplug the streamline for ten seconds. 

If that doesn't  work try unplugging the none working phones at the adaptor or switch level. Seems like CPUs can get a bit confused and lock up ports. Disconnecting the back of the phone had no impact must be done between the streamline switch and the streamline adaptors.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10