Author Topic: Dynamic Extension Express disables UCA account?  (Read 2068 times)

Offline bcobb

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Dynamic Extension Express disables UCA account?
« on: August 04, 2015, 02:16:20 PM »
Hello everyone,
So we just started using DEE in order to light up voicemail indicator lights on multiple phones (3 to be exact).  So I've created a phantom phone and added the 3 extensions to the "Associated Destinations" as Desk, Desk 2 and Home IP.  This works in regard to lighting up all 3 VM indicator lights, however it kills their Unified Communicator Advanced account on my Mitel MAS.  Anyone know why or how to fix?
Thanks!
-Bryan
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 02:20:42 PM by bcobb »

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Dynamic Extension Express disables UCA account?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 04:09:27 PM »
bcobb,

Could you be a little more detailed in what you mean. Also did these accounts originally have DEE when they were created? We may need to move this over to the Applications section depending on your answer if it turns out to be a UCA Server issue.

Thanks,

TE

Offline bcobb

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2015, 04:34:41 PM »
Thanks for your help TE!

We have never used DEE before so this is all new to me.  We have a mailbox that is shared by a group of 3 employees.  I need to have this mailbox light up the VM light on all 3 phones when a VM is left.  I found this link as well as another that explained using DEE:

http://community.spiceworks.com/topic/458268-program-voicemail-box-as-phone-key-mitel-5000

However after I created the phantom extension and added the 3 extensions to the "Associated Destinations", their Mitel UCA accounts completely disappeared.  It may have been a UCA sync that triggered it, but I'm not 100% sure on that.  Does that provide you with the information you wanted?  If not, let me know what else you need.
Thanks again, I appreciate your time,
-Bryan

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2015, 06:07:34 PM »
Bcobb,

I see now, the problem is that you violated a primary rule with the way you setup your programming and therefore those phones are no longer a primary user but a secondary to the phantom you created to push out it message notification. That request did not take into account that those phones were UCA users and needed to be primary extensions to be considered by the UCA Server.

Sorry,

TE

Offline bcobb

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 08:08:04 AM »
Thank you so much TE, this will save me many more hours of research.  Not the answer I wanted, but you rock non-the-less!

I'll look for other solutions, which at this point may just be them using Unified Messaging.  Thanks again for your time!
-Bryan

Offline mitelengineeruk

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2015, 05:31:01 PM »
Hey bcobb what happens if you manually create your accounts rather than import from PBX which I assume you are doing.  The import will remove the extensions which are the secondary phones like TE said.

Maybe creating manually is ok though? Worth a go maybe.

You can use Phone Manager version 4 for multiple message notification.  There is an option on the MCS and you can have many, many extensions notified that way rather than the limits of DEE and its a bit easier to setup.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10