Author Topic: Individual Hold vs System Hold  (Read 2227 times)

Offline telcogirl

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Individual Hold vs System Hold
« on: August 03, 2015, 09:56:14 AM »
I have a customer complaining about the fact that when she places an incoming call on hold the light on the button is the same as if any other desk set placed the line on hold. 

There are four incoming lines that are in a hunt group and all desk sets ring at the same time. 

She would like to be able to distinguish which line she put on hold at her desk set. 

Will someone please help me understand how I might accomplish this for her?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Individual Hold vs System Hold
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 10:38:36 AM »
telcogirl,

This is a trick question as it depends on a few things.

1. Check to see what their Hold button is set for, Individual Hold or System Hold.

- Individual Hold means that the call is on hold at the persons phone and can only be picked up by another station using reverse transfer.

- System Hold means that the call is on hold at the system level, or to better define it the trunk level. Any user that sees the same trunks on their phone can pick up the call by pressing the flashing trunk key.

2. How are their keymaps setup? Try using the feature key 396 if they have paper lables.

- Do they have Call Keys: A call key shows up as just that a Call Key 1 thru however many that phone has.

- Do they have Trunk Keys: A trunk key shows up as whatever is labeled on the trunks Username. If they have paper labels this could be anything.

If they have individual hold when they put a call on hold they should be able to press the Hold button again to retrieve the first call placed on hold at that phone or press the flashing Call Key.

If they have System hold they need to know which Line they were on when they put the call on Hold and they can press that button to retrieve the call, otherwise pressing the Hold key again would give them the longest holding call on the system; not necessarily the one they put on hold.

To make it easier for them to be able to understand which calls they put on hold you would need to change the system from a KSU [System Hold with Line Keys] to a PBX [Individual Hold with Call Keys].

Thanks,

TE

Offline telcogirl

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2015, 10:43:03 AM »
Thank you so very much.  I will take your information and investigate further.  The system was in place before I began my job here.  I will update later.  :)

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2015, 11:56:50 PM »
Also depending on phone type I would enable the Use Green LED flag,
This will help with which calls a person has held as it will be green on their own phone.
Assuming that they are trunk keys.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2015, 09:43:23 AM »
Unfortunately, the newer phones did away with green LEDs. I had one site where we pulled out 8528s and put in 8520s, because there was so much confusion. I couldn’t disagree with the users, it was confusing.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2015, 06:59:36 AM »
53xx IP Phones support green leds.

I guess this will all depend on phone type.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10