Author Topic: Convert Wired IP Phones into wireless?  (Read 1724 times)

Offline renantea

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Convert Wired IP Phones into wireless?
« on: August 03, 2015, 08:25:24 AM »
Hello Everyone,

Anybody here can enlighten me about this? I have spent a lot of time Googling about this and found that its possible on Cisco IP Phones. See link below:

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/collaboration-endpoints/wireless-n-bridge-phone-adapters/c02-698058_prod_ov.pdf

Does this feature also available on Mitel devices?

My plan is, I have a Mitel 5340 in a conference room and I want them to be wireless.

Thanks for the advice!

Cheers,

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Convert Wired IP Phones into wireless?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 08:53:40 AM »
Yes.
There used to be an adapter that replaced the plastic base of the phone with a wireless adapter.
I forget the model number of the base and I don't think it's available any longer.

I've seen others use a cheap wireless router to do this.   (you'd need a power adapter which makes for a lots of wires all over the place.)

Ralph

Offline v2win

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2015, 09:25:42 AM »
You also have a power cord to power the phone adaptor. It doesn't really say that in the brochure.

If you want a true wireless for the conference room I have used the polycom soundstation 2W in the past.

Offline renantea

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2015, 09:56:29 AM »
The ultimate plan is to get rid of the wire clutter. It makes no sense if you get an adapter and still end up with a power cable. :( I will check on the polycom soundstation (thanks v2win)... The thing is, I want to make use of the existing 5340 IP phone since it has an attached conference module. :)

Offline idxman01

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2015, 03:04:16 AM »
Have done the wifi router method out of necessity in some areas.  Generally did add to the clutter due to the extra network cable, power for wifi and power for injector.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10