Author Topic: Audible tones and mic noise -during transfer.-  (Read 1050 times)

Offline dg

• View Profile
Audible tones and mic noise -during transfer.-
« on: July 30, 2015, 03:33:47 PM »
Hi folks,
Me again with another 'I don't get how this can happen' question...

I've been asked several times, and experienced this myself, about a caller being able to hear digits being dialed and mic noise -after- the transfer button is pressed! Shouldn't the caller be 'on hold' as soon as 'transfer' is pressed? I just tested it, and it's reproducible. There are many variations (for example, PKM board doesn't tone the digits, but I could still hear background noise until the target answers.)

What's even worse, after some more specific testing -- I just called 600 back, asked her to just push 'transfer' and count aloud 1 to 5. My phone says I'm on hold BUT I COULD still hear her counting! During that time, her phone also said I was on hold, and she could just hear a dial tone (awaiting the target number to be dialed.)

Is this totally weird, or what? I could see this going horribly bad, particularly during a warm transfer, or perhaps if the "holder" says something in poor taste during this period.

It's almost as if we're in some kind of pseudo conference mode rather than straight transfer (yes, I know there's very little difference...)

Any advice would be super-helpful. Anyone else noticed anything like this?

TIA,
-dg

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10