Author Topic: mitel 5312ip phone - blinking message light button calls an extension?  (Read 3947 times)

Offline ausername

• View Profile
Hey guys,

I have 1 mitel 5312 ip phone user that has a weird situation going on with her phone.  When she has a new message in her voicemail, the button that is normally used to indicate that a message is waiting in the mailbox will blink but when she presses that button, the phone will indicate the following information on the display screen:

CALL  XXXX   (xxxx being the extension of 1 of our users)
*= ERASE   #=CALL

for anybody else, when we press this button, it behaves normally and phone the user's voicemail box.  The button I'm talking about is the one found just above the key pad and has a logo of a letter coming in.  This button is transparent and blinks orange/yellow when a voicemail is sitting in the mailbox unread.

How can I configure this button so that it functions normally?

please let me know,

thanks!!

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Completely normal... Because that user has a callback message set... just clear it and tell the user that set it (the destination of the message key, your xxxx extension) not press the mailbox key or Send Message softkey when calling an extension. Once the callback message is clear, it should function normally.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
This is the second time today that this question has come up.
Here's a link to some more information:
www.mitelforums.com/articles/vm-light-flashing.php

Ralph

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10