Author Topic: Attendant Console drag and drop incoming call to outside phone number fails  (Read 2428 times)

Offline JeffonJohnsIsland

• View Profile
Node one 5000 HX v6 SP2 PR5, 6.0.11.101, node two is 5000 HX v6.0 SP2, 6.0.11.95.  Attendant Console 3.200, System OAI 10.20, CT Gateway 5.0.34.0.

When the receptionist answers an incoming call, then drags and drops the call onto a outside phone number, the call disappears from the Attendant Console, the caller hears a telco error message, and the caller is disconnected.  If the receptionist answers an incoming call, right clicks on the outside phone number and then clicks complete, the call is successfully\/ forwarded to the outside phone number.  The receptionist reports drag and dropping an incoming call used to work.  It's possible the drag and drop failure started after the failure of the CT Gateway server or a firmware update.  One other variable is a CT Gateway version upgrade when it was reinstalled after the CT Gateway failure.  Does anyone know what would cause the drag and drop failure?

One other change the receptionist noted is the Attendant Console shows only one call at a time, in the past the Attendant Console showed more than one incoming phone call.  I don't know if this is related to the above error, or is something different.  Anyone know why the Attendant Console only shows one phone call at a time?

Thanks

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
JeffonJohnsIsland,

Nice name, anyway, so it sounds as though you don't have Immediate Transfers setup for the user is they are able to do a right-click and then complete transfer, this is an immediate transfer, and it works, but the drag and drop does not. Look under the users options under Transfers and see what it shows you there, Console > Options > Transfer.

As for only seeing one call at a time I am not sure on that one as the Call List should show all calls currently connected, ringing, or on hold at the users station. Maybe try right-clicking on the Call List border or inside it and see if you get some options, but I don't really remember any that would reduce the amount of calls the station has.

Sorry I couldn't be more help,

TE

• View Profile
I wish I lived on John's full time, now it's just weekends and vacation. It's my parents cabin/vacation place on an outer island in the San Juan's, Washington state.  I spend a bit of time there, I wish I could spend more.  My parents are 78 and 88, and since the island is accessible via boat, then about 40 steps up from the beach, it's a bit tough for them to haul everything up to the cabin from the beach, so we usually go up on a weekend (I have three day weekends every other week), I help them settle in, and head back to work.  Two weeks later, I head up and help them return back home.  I enjoy helping them, spend a bit of time relaxing, they say thank you a million times and I say thanks for teaching me to tie my shoes and raising me. 

Back to real life, where I am an IT guy, who is also the tech (at least I pretend to be) for the phone systems.  In the Attendant, under Console, Options, Transfer, I changed the Default Transfer Type to Immediate Transfer and tested by trying to drag and drop.  No change.  Then I tested by right clicking on an outside phone number, and clicking call.  Call disappeared from the call list, and the phone I was calling into the system with gave the same recording (telco) that I hear when I drag and drop.  Changed the Console, Options, Default Transfer Type back to Announced Transfer.  Tested, and in Attendant Console was able to right click on the incoming call, click Answer, then below in the Directory, right click on an outside phone number, click Call, then click Complete in the Toolbar and the call completed.

I will spend a bit more time reading the forum (and hoping someone has an idea), reading manuals and then I will call in our Mitel people.  If all else fails, they can call Mitel themselves, right?!

Thanks for the ideas,

Jeff

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
JeffonJohnsIsland,

Nice story and it is good that you take care of the people that took care of you; as it should be.

Anyway, I looked on the Mitel Knowledge Base to see if there was anything that related to your questions, but I wasn't too successful. Unfortunately I do not work with the Attendant Console very much so it is difficult to answer those types of questions; at least for me.

Quote from: Mitel Tech Support
Can more than one call be displayed in the call list on Attendant Console?
Published 04/21/2005 10:41 AM   |    Updated 12/12/2013 10:59 AM   |    Answer ID 2583

The Attendant Console call list shows calls that are ringing on the call keys of the extension with which the application is associated.  It will also show calls waiting for any ACD hunt group into which the associated extension is logged in.  It will NOT show calls waiting for UCD hunt groups.

If you want to check and see if you have an ACD or UCD Hunt Group for the Operator Calls then you will need to follow the call flow from CO Trunk Groups, if you have POTS or Digital Lines, and SIP Peers if you have SIP Trunks. If you need a more thorough answer I can help with that.

It may be easier to look under Hunt Groups though and see if there is something that goes only to the Operator with the Attendant Console. System > Devices and Feature Codes > Hunt Groups: Look through them and see if you find one that has your Attendant in it and then look to see if the ACD Hunt Group flag is checked or not.

Also, if you need a copy of the Attendant Console Manual let me know and I can get it for you.

Thanks,

TE

• View Profile
Problem fixed, yea!

I didn't follow through far enough with Tech Electronics (TE) comment about the Transfer tab.  In order to drag and drop calls to outside numbers, in the Mitel Attendant Console, Transfer Tab, set the default transfer type to Immediate Transfer, and tic all the check boxes. 

I don't understand why you have to select Perform Announced Transfers To Outside Numbers, but in order to drag and drop to an outside number, that must be selected. The wording is confusing to me (maybe I am dense) and perhaps it's a bit of confusion because the default transfer type is when you press <ENTER> to begin a transfer, and what the receptionist wanted to do was drag and drop to transfer a call. 

The problem with one call at a time showing on the Mitel Attendant Console is related to the incoming calls being routed to a hunt group.  The receptionist does see a second call once the first call is put on hold or transferred.  Part of the problem is that the company sometimes has two primary receptionists, and sometimes one receptionist with a backup on another extension in a different office.  We haven't had a second receptionist for a while, and it's probably time to rethink how incoming calls flow.  I wish 99% of calls were placed to the extensions DID, but I suspect that's not likely to happen in the near future.

Thanks to everyone!  I should have explored the options under TE's suggestion.

Jeff

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10