Author Topic: unable to clear a 'MSG:' on 5320e phone  (Read 2877 times)

Offline nrgymover

• View Profile
unable to clear a 'MSG:' on 5320e phone
« on: July 22, 2015, 02:34:48 PM »

This is probably something very simple.  I'm using a Mitel 5000 system.  I am unable to clear a 'MSG:' sent to me by a user.  It's not a voicemail message, those I can clear just fine.  The voicemail button keeps flashing and when I click it, it says 'MSG: User 1 10:52am Wed Jul 22'.  If I pick up the phone and press the voicemail button it tries to call the user who left me this message.  Any idea how to get rid of this?  Thanks.

Offline TheQueen

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: unable to clear a 'MSG:' on 5320e phone
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2015, 03:52:38 PM »
There are two ways to clear the message. One is what you were doing - pressing the VM button. Once the user answers, the light will clear. The other way is, with the handset down, press the Cancel button (the hard coded button with the circle with an X in it) and dial 368. This is the default code for "Message - Cancel Message on Endpoint". 

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2015, 03:57:40 PM »
With the handset in the cradle, press <MSG> *. You don't need to know what the feature code is.

Offline nrgymover

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2015, 04:10:15 PM »
Thanks TheQueen, it worked.  DND ON, didn't get a chance to try your method but I appreciate the response.  I will give it a try when it happens again.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2015, 06:08:50 PM »
nrgymover,

Either one would work just fine for clearing the message; although DND ONs' solution is easier to remember especially if the feature code has been changed. Also using the SPCL key (X) is not usually required, by default, unless the system is designed to not let you activate feature codes without it; this is a system flag. In this case you should be able to just dial the Feature Code for Cancel Message [Default: 368] while the phone is idle.

Thanks,

TE

Offline nrgymover

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2015, 06:30:05 PM »
Thank you.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10