Author Topic: Parking Calls  (Read 5166 times)

Offline Stlrs83

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Parking Calls
« on: July 21, 2015, 10:26:12 AM »
Trying to figure out best way to do Call Parking on 8568 digital phones.  Everything I've read says that you need to have a Call Park button and a Call Retrieve button, but cannot find feature code to program them on phone. 
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 10:33:14 AM by Stlrs83 »

Offline TheQueen

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: Parking Calls
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 10:59:40 AM »
By default, the "Call Park" code is 346 - Transfer to Hold and "Call Retrieve" is 4 - Reverse Transfer.

Offline Stlrs83

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2015, 11:58:36 AM »
I guess unlike the Vertical/Comdial and Allworx systems where they actually have park orbit buttons you can program on the phones and can then hit that button on any phone and retrieve parked call that is not a feature on Mitel 5000 that i can see. Have read about using phantoms but trying to make it simple for customer to only have to push a butoon and pick call up .

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2015, 05:27:24 PM »
If you really MUST have call park keys shared by all, you can do it.  But I generally prefer to park on the extension itself (TRANSFER, extension, then HOLD).  One advantage is that I can page and say "Dave, you have a call holding" and he knows where it is, no zone number to remember.  Pick it up from anywhere using 4 and extension number.  Second advantage, you can decide what will happen if unanswered...send to Dave's VM?  Return to attendant with display saying RECALL FROM DAVE.
Got users without phones?  Create phantom extensions (and even VM maybe) for them, then works same as regular ext.
If you DO need park zones just create as many phantoms as you need and call the PARK 1 etc.  You can create buttons for them if needed.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2015, 07:55:52 PM »
Call Park is not supported on the 5000, so there is no feature code.

The easiest work around for "park" positions is to use hunt groups, with a phantom as the only member. Use the hunt group recall timer and destination rather than dealing with station hold, recall and attendant issues and timers.

Transfer the call to the park hunt group, and use reverse transfer to retrieve the call. Super easy if you put a hunt group key and pick-up key on the phones. Create as many hunt groups as you need, and call them Park 1, Park 2, etc. One button pushed to park the call, two buttons pushed to answer the call.

Offline jbbts

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2015, 11:10:04 AM »
Question about this, as we just instituted for a client who had to have Park Keys.

When a call is placed on "park" the outside caller hears Music On Hold (MOH) until the person placing the call on "park" hangs up the receiver.  At this point the MOH converts to ringing.  Anyway to keep it as MOH?

Thanks.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2015, 07:36:11 PM »
On the phantom extension, change the "Audio for calls Holding/Ringing/Camped Onto this device" to your MOH source.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10