Author Topic: Forwarded calls not following forwarding path  (Read 1917 times)

Offline onehotspud

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Forwarded calls not following forwarding path
« on: July 20, 2015, 09:57:13 AM »
I am struggling with this and I know it's going to be something simple (either extension or system flag).. but I can not figure it out.

The short story is if I have a phone set to forward all calls to another extension, the call will not follow the forwarding path of the receiving extension.

This is true for internal and external calls. Calling the receiving extension directly will hit the path.

What am I missing?

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Forwarded calls not following forwarding path
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 12:07:16 PM »
You're not missing anything, it's working as designed. Manual forwarding negates any system forwarding in effect, so calls don't forward to voice mail.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 12:46:20 PM »
Is this something you need to do on a regular basis, such as a backup person for a specific user?  There are workarounds to do most anything, but they can be unmanageable if you need to do it for dozens of users.  Describe your situation, there's probably a solution.  Maybe it's a special SYS FWD path when this user's in DND, maybe we need a phantom ext and CRA.
If you need to do it for a crowd of people you're best served by saying it can't be done, but for a few it's not bad.

Offline onehotspud

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2015, 01:09:53 PM »
It's good to know that I'm not missing anything. :)

They have 4 users that are on call with IP phones and it changes daily. They want the calls to go to that users voice mail if it is not answered (or any voice mail, but they need notification on the phones).

I am considering setting up DEE to ring all the phones and then drop into 1 generic mailbox. I have set this up in the past for 2 phones and each phone will get the message waiting notification. I don't know if this will work for 4 phones. I'm able to program additional extensions with the MWI turned on if I am using OLM.

Offline onehotspud

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2015, 01:54:04 PM »
Ok.. I found a solution and here is what I did:

The result: 4 phones ring, 1 general voice mail box receives unanswered calls, all 4 phones get notification of messages.

The how: I created a phantom extension with a DEE user. I added the 4 phones as various destinations (Desk, Desk 2, Softphone, and Softphone 2). I turned on OLM to change the softphone destinations since all the extensions I'm setting up are 53xx phones and are not actual softphones.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10