Author Topic: Setting up Voicemail/not answering system  (Read 2577 times)

Offline A-Gray

• View Profile
Setting up Voicemail/not answering system
« on: July 17, 2015, 12:02:00 PM »
Hi all

I am completely new to the Mitel 3300 system so please bare with me. We are using Mitel 5360 IP phones.

I am trying to set up a system where this happens:

-Phone call goes to Reception, rings three times.
-If no answer, phone call goes to person next to Reception
-If no answer, everyone's phone rings.
-If no answer, voicemail kicks in.

Is anybody able to instruct me as to how to do this? Do I need Ring Groups/Hunt Groups/Something else? I'm completely out of my depth!

Thanks in advance,
Alec

Offline JasonTL

• View Profile
Re: Setting up Voicemail/not answering system
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 12:57:24 PM »
You can do this several ways. Look into the help menu (Mitel has very good embedded help). Look at cascading ring groups or hunt groups may be what you need. Also look at RAD groups if you want the answer point to play a message before hitting the ring group.

For the voicemail look at the call rerouting (1st alternative) to send to voicemail after the ring/hunt group.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2015, 01:22:56 PM »
problem will be step three I reckon as a ring group can't be a target DN in a ring group...cascade ring group will work with an overflow to VM (I think) but the sticking point (without too much thought) will be the ring everyone as a third step.

Offline A-Gray

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2015, 04:08:08 AM »
Hi x-man, Jason, thanks for the replies.

I've now set up a Cascade Ring Group, picture attached, with Reception as the first member, Lorna as second, Sarah as third, then Richard as fourth, with the timer set to 5 (seconds?) each.

Richard has the voicemail set on his extension, does this mean that I don't need to set a VM as an overflow since Richard's should always push to voicemail if he does not answer?

Thanks again

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2015, 04:36:37 AM »
5 seconds is about 1 1/2 rings (a ring take about 2 seconds when you include the silence between each audio burst) so be aware of that.

I would read the help file under RING GROUPS which explains the call flow in detail.

Offline jj27sf

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2015, 01:19:10 PM »

Richard has the voicemail set on his extension, does this mean that I don't need to set a VM as an overflow since Richard's should always push to voicemail if he does not answer?

If the call is coming in as a DID number on PRI or  SIP it would go to vm but not know which mailbox to go to since you don't have a mailbox for that DID number.  I am not sure what happens if it is a CO trunk.

5 second ring time is almost too short to be able to answer.

For your "all call" you could program a multicall key on the phones that you want to answer and use that extension in your ring group

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10