Author Topic: need help with forwarding one extension to another  (Read 1592 times)

Offline paradigm_metals

• View Profile
need help with forwarding one extension to another
« on: July 16, 2015, 11:45:33 AM »
Hello:

We've got an employee out sick today and I need to forward her extension to another.  I figured out how to do it for internal calls, but not external.

She is our receptionist and our main phone number rings her extension when folks from the outside world call it.

These are the calls that I need to forward, not the internal calls.

Kindly please advise!

Tadd in Austin

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: need help with forwarding one extension to another
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 07:59:00 AM »
paradigm_metals,

This is most likely too late to answer for you, but if the call does not follow forwarding then it is most likely not ringing the station directly. What you need to determine is how the call is ringing the station and then we can determine how to resolve the issue for you.

Sorry,

TE

Offline paradigm_metals

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2015, 12:55:35 PM »
i'm pretty sure that there is a hunt group set up for when someone calls the main outside line.

that's just my hunch and I would need help determining where to look for that.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2015, 09:16:57 PM »
paradigm_metals,

Well without knowing what type of trunking you have this could be easy or it could be a little hard.

Go to System > Devices and Feature Codes > CO Trunk Groups and see if there are any trunk groups programmed there. Open up and trunk groups and see where the Day and Night Ring Types go to; you can double left-click on them and it will take you there.

If you already know that you DIDs then you could just go straight to System > Trunk Related Information > Call Routing Tables: Look for any tables that have your main number in it and see where it goes and then double left-click on it and it will take you there.

If you know for sure that it goes directly to a Hunt Group then you could go there and see what is programmed. System > Devices and Feature Codes > Hunt Groups: Find the Hunt Group that has your Receptionists extension in it.

Once you figure out how the calls get to your Receptionist we can find a solution that will work for you in the future; most likely just add the extension that you want the calls to go to.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10