Author Topic: Analogue Extensions on 3300  (Read 7763 times)

Offline NeedLPlates

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Analogue Extensions on 3300
« on: July 16, 2015, 09:59:59 AM »
Hi.

Newbie here, got no idea what I'm doing, but the maintenance company says "If it's not a fault, then we're going to charge you an arm and a leg and your unborn child".

So need your help guys.
I've got a Mitel 3300 with 4 analogue extensions all configured for use and were working before the weekend.
Over the weekend, we shutdown the mitel3300 and moved it from one cabinet to another.  After we turned it back on, the analogue extensions don't work anymore.  I've tried plugging an analogue phone directly into the back of the mitel3300 using an RJ11 cable to eliminate the cabling to be the cause of the problem.  However, even the direct connection doesn't work.

Do the analogue ports need to be enabled after a shutdown?  Is there anything I can check to make sure the "analogue system" is "on"?

Thanks all.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
Re: Analogue Extensions on 3300
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 12:27:59 PM »
How did you 'shut down' the 3300?

Me, I'd check the board has all it connections firmly in place, possible that moving it disturbed something that was hanging on a thread. Connections vary depending on model (MX/MXe/CX/CX11)

make sure you shut it down properly first though.

Offline NeedLPlates

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2015, 09:25:30 AM »
How did you 'shut down' the 3300?

Me, I'd check the board has all it connections firmly in place, possible that moving it disturbed something that was hanging on a thread. Connections vary depending on model (MX/MXe/CX/CX11)

make sure you shut it down properly first though.

Hi X-Man,  We did a shutdown via the maintenance commands.  In "board", do you mean the analogue board at the back of the mitel? That's the only thing we haven't checked, as it is inside the system.  Is there a software way of checking if the board is detected?

Thanks!

Offline jj27sf

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2015, 10:23:06 AM »
You can go to the Hardware Tab, open the Modules Subtab and choose Analog services units.  If it shows on the Installed type then the system is "seeing" it. 

Jon

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2015, 10:24:08 AM »
If its there you should be able to programme it and it will show in Display ASU Info in maintenance commends. (don't wory about the asu bit it will show if the amb is fitted).

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2015, 10:25:47 AM »
You should see DS_AMB_64 in the report.

Offline NeedLPlates

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2015, 11:20:17 AM »
Thanks Guys,
I see this in the ASU:

Analog Services Units
 Controller Module  Port  Unit  Programmed Type  Installed Type  Comment 
 -  0  2  3300 Embedded Analog  3300 Embedded Analog   
 -  1    Not Programmed  No Unit Present   
 -  2    Not Programmed  No Unit Present   
 -  3    Not Programmed  No Unit Present   
 -  4    Not Programmed  No Unit Present

I should have 4 analogue lines at the back.  So this either only sees 2 or the four are not detected?

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2015, 12:26:49 PM »
No, thats just telling you the unit that the AMB is using on the controller.

Go to analog sets  programming form and see how many analog ports are programmed on that card.

Offline JasonTL

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2015, 12:59:16 PM »
Analog sets form should have the analog extension programmed to corresponding ONS port on the back of the controller. When programmed you can plug a test set to the ONS port and make/receive a call.

Offline NeedLPlates

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2015, 04:03:13 AM »
You should see DS_AMB_64 in the report.

Hi,  I totally missed this reply last week.  Yes, I do see that in maintenance commands after typing in the "Display ASU info" command.

Offline NeedLPlates

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2015, 04:06:26 AM »
Analog sets form should have the analog extension programmed to corresponding ONS port on the back of the controller. When programmed you can plug a test set to the ONS port and make/receive a call.

Hi Jason,  Yes the Analog sets are programmed and I can see the extensions.  They worked before we did the move, but have stopped working since.  The question is, seeing the config on this page, does that confirm that the card/module has been sensed/recognised?   I've plugged in an analogue phone directly into the back (using an RJ11-RJ11 cable) but there's no dial tone, nada.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2015, 04:22:06 AM »
I reckon the only option left is to check the connection cables....if the card has gone pop you are going to have to go in anyway unless your vendor does it for you.

Offline NeedLPlates

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2015, 04:41:18 AM »
I reckon the only option left is to check the connection cables....if the card has gone pop you are going to have to go in anyway unless your vendor does it for you.

Hi X-man, I am on-site.  Like I said, we've plugged an analogue phone straight into the back of the Mitel, so no cables to check sadly.  How would I know if the card has gone "pop"?

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2015, 06:58:25 AM »
Cable connection of the card to the motherboard inside the 3300. If you take the system down. take off the top you will see a ribbon cable that connects as said. I have had a couple where this cable was not inserted correctly and caused the board to appear to be dead but after reseating the cable they popped back into life again. But if you don't feel confident doing it then get your maintenance company out....probably cheaper than a new 3300.

Offline NeedLPlates

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2015, 07:10:18 AM »
Cable connection of the card to the motherboard inside the 3300. If you take the system down. take off the top you will see a ribbon cable that connects as said. I have had a couple where this cable was not inserted correctly and caused the board to appear to be dead but after reseating the cable they popped back into life again. But if you don't feel confident doing it then get your maintenance company out....probably cheaper than a new 3300.

LoL!!  Yup, true!!
However, is the ribbon cable that flimsy that it can come loose from moving a whole router/server to another rack without opening it?  Will need to find some down time to do a check.  Shouldn't be too difficult right?  I'm no Leccy, but I think I can reseat a ribbon cable?

I'll keep you posted of any updates.
Thanks again for your help.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10