Author Topic: Time to Voicemail - internal vs external  (Read 2650 times)

Offline akuhn

• View Profile
Time to Voicemail - internal vs external
« on: July 16, 2015, 09:52:14 AM »
First part of question:

If I dial my full phone number from outside the office, it's fairly consistent in ringing between 4-5 times and going to VM.  This seems acceptable. 

If I dial my extension from another phone internally - it rings (with an internal ring) about 10-12 times before going to VM. 

That 10-12 times seems much much longer than the 4-5 times from external.  Even though the internal ring sound I'm hearing is different.

Can that internal ring time to VM be changed independently of the external ring time?

Second part of question:

If I manually forward a phone of someone who just left the company - to another extension, and no one is there, it just rings and rings and nobody's VM picks up.  My workaround for this is to forward the phone to VM instead of another person - and then just deliver the VM message file to the email box of the other person.

I'm an end user admin - and this is the stuff I find the hardest about the 5000.  I'm sure it's fixable, I'm just not sure if I can do it without help from Mitel.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Time to Voicemail - internal vs external
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 10:25:32 AM »
Forwarding to voice mail is set by the Forward Initiate Timer, and it's the same for internal and external calls. The ring cadence is different, but the time is identical.

If you manually forward a phone, any system forwarding is ignored. Calls won’t go to voice mail, basically because you’re telling them not to.

Offline akuhn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 10:40:24 AM »
"Ring Cadence"  I've learned a new term.  So, if the Forward Initiate Timer is set to "24" which I assume is 24 seconds, then it's the same internally and externally.  The illusion of longer time internally is just that...an illusion because of the different ring cadence.  Is that a correct understanding?

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2015, 10:45:09 AM »
Correct, and you get an extra 10 points if you can work “ring cadence” into a conversation by the end of the day.  :)

Offline akuhn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2015, 11:03:03 AM »
I will try.   ;)

I take it that creating some kind of fall back to VM with the call forwarding is a more difficult proposition.  I'm inclined to use my email solution for now.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2015, 06:50:44 PM »
Akuhn,

The only way to have it follow another extensions programming is to turn that call into either a direct ring or transfer. Now that is not to say that it will be as easy as setting a manual forwarding path as you unfortunately figured out because the 5000 will ignore anything but an answer condition on a manual forward; we don't want call mistakenly answered by someone else basically.

So, the easiest soltution is to create a CRA that will Timeout to the extension you want to send the calls to and then forward all calls to that CRA; don't forget to remove the day and night default recording. This way the call is considered answered, by the CRA, and the now Transferred call can follow any other conditions applied to the phone you want to send the calls to.

Hopefully that answers you question for part 2.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10