Author Topic: PrairieFyre Call Accounting on IP Trunks  (Read 1801 times)

Offline Mikeg

• Contributer
    • View Profile
PrairieFyre Call Accounting on IP Trunks
« on: July 15, 2015, 08:16:47 AM »
So I am in need of some "out of the box" ideas...  :-)

I currently have a Mitel Cluster with 15 MCDs. I have a PrairieFyre System with ACD and Call Accounting.  For operational reasons I will not bore you with I can ONLY have the Prairie Fyre system monitor ONE MCD.

The MCD being monitored has sets programmed on it and has no trunks. All of the trunking is on another 3300 and all the ARS outbound calls are routed through IP Trunks to the 3300 which has trunks.

The problem is that PrairieFyre is not reporting on outbound calls made from the monitored MCD. I think this is happening because PF is not seeing an SMDR Record for the final termination point (remote PBX with trunks).

The monitored MCD is generating SMDR Records of the outbound calls which show the number dialed terminating IP trunks. PF is also receiving this record and is viewable in SMDR Inspector.

The problem is that the call does not show on any PF Report.

Does anyone know of a way to make PF think that the IP Trunks are a telco so it shows the calls in reporting? Or does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!!

PS - I did add the remote 3300s which have trunks attached to PF and the reports do show the calls. But I can't leave it that way.

Offline PC77375

• View Profile
Re: PrairieFyre Call Accounting on IP Trunks
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 04:04:40 PM »
I'd like to not even touch this one but...I spent quite some time with Mitel trying to figure issues similar to this and it comes down to the MCD not monitoring networking trunks. I have around 45 PBX's...for example, in my corp offices there are 4 controllers, two controllers to handle users and two for trunking and each pair is resilient.
We all kind of gave up after about 3 or 4 months of trying to get this functioning correctly. Part of the problem that we came across is how all IP network trunk calls were marked as 9999, if my memory serves me correctly, so there was no real way to know where the call was actually destined to. Aside from SMDR collector instability, the SMDR collector service would stop after x minutes of not hearing from a site that may have lost connectivity. PF support claimed that it was designed this way..so often time we would find blank SMDR data files on the PF server.

Offline boycey9

• View Profile
Re: PrairieFyre Call Accounting on IP Trunks
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 05:26:22 PM »
You would need to be careful here but you could try the setting the option in COS public trunk to Yes, you may loose some functionality between sites hence the warning.
I have also used account codes previously to monitor outbound traffic on IP trunks in a similar situation but the numbers I was dialling were preset and I created a speedcall that had the account code plus feature access code in it then reported on that.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10