Author Topic: Stuck on option 125  (Read 1430 times)

Offline Big_Blue

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Stuck on option 125
« on: July 15, 2015, 12:17:57 AM »
We have an office we just leased in another building in the same business park as our main office. The 3300 is on VLAN 73 in the main building. Because of landlord issues we couldn't run cables between the two buildings, so we had to setup an ipsec tunnel to our network in this second building. This building has a different VLAN, 76. We are trying to get DHCP to point to the controller on VLAN 73 on the network of the other building. We have the VLAN setting in 125 set for 76, the phone will start and get stuck at "Using option 125", I can ping the controller from VLAN 76 and I can even get a phone to work if I manually configure it. We have tried several different things, the only thing I can narrow it down to is the VLAN setting in 125. I have tried setting it to 73, wouldn't work and 76 and it wouldn't work either. Are there any suggestions?

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Stuck on option 125
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 12:24:41 AM »
If you are setting VLAN's in the DHCP Options then you must accept tagged packets on the switch port for that VLAN.
i.e. if you use vlan 76 in your options your switch must be set to tag 76 as the phone will tag it's packets.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10